washing leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After practice, my leotards smell all sweaty and stuff. After I wash them, some of the smell goes away, but not all of it. I have to wash it 2or 3 times to get it completely out. Does anyone have any tips to help get rid of the smell faster? Thanks!

-gymbaby12

A bit of baking soda in the wash helps too. we use arm and hammer detergent it smells good too lol we used bs before we switched detergents.

Haven't ever had this prob with DD's leos, butr I recall vinegar going into the wash with mine.

Try adding a bit more soap or adding a fabric softener that smells fresh and clean. Good Luck. :)

Do you wash your leos after every wearing? We haven't had any problem with DD's leos smelling but I also wash them every time she wears them.

Oh, and be careful about using fabric softener. Many leos say not to use it because it can ruin some of the fabrics.

Have you tried soaking your leos before washing? You could try using a weak vinegar solution (I'm not sure of the exact ratios), or just laundry detergent and water. Also, you could make a paste with a little bit of water and baking soda and letting that sit on the most sweat-saturated areas before washing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back