Parents Well, it's that time of year again.

• Thread starter Thread starter Midget's Dad
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
M

Midget's Dad

Our first meet of the year is but 2 weekends away. Only 3 more practices to go. YIKES!!!

Midget has been working hard but still has not quite got that darn Kip! She gets up to waist height, but just isn't leaning in to finish in support. Considering that skill is hard enough, it has not helped that most of the coaching has been by newer, and less experienced coaches. Nothing against them at all, but I can't help but wonder.

That being said, she is so close to it that she will be competing level 5. Just scratching bars for this meet. Keeping my fingers crossed that she can get it by the next one.

Floor and beam seem to be pretty solid. Though Midget had some fear issues with the cartwheel on beam after a bad fall she has apparently beaten them. Yay!!

Vault, is, well, vault. if she runs fast enough I think it will be ok, But likely not her best event this year. So hears REALLY hoping she can get that darn Kip!!

Anyone else getting ready to start up?

my DD had her first L5 meet this past weekend. She has all her skills & Inthiught her routines looked really good, however judging was pretty tough. Not sure if it was because it was judges cup or just the difference in scoring between levels. vault is her worst event. she just doesn't hit that board with enough power.but she is working on it.

good luck to midget, hope the kip comes to stay soon.

DD's first meet is right around the corner as well (think we will be in the same place as the Midget:)). DD is repeating level 4, so I'm not as anxious as I was this time last year. Midget's dad- has your daughter's gym gotten a schedule yet? We're still waiting to hear which day.

Dd has her first meet next month. Because she's at a new gym and I'm not allowed to watch anymore, I guess it will all be a surprise to me how she does. Actually, each girl is supposed to get a private lesson (no extra charge!) before the first meet so that parents can get a feel for how they're doing, so that should be fun! Anyway, I think most of the skills are mostly there, but I've heard level 6 judging is tough, so I still won't know what to expect at the meet itself. Best of luck to everyone who is starting meet season!

My little dd has her first meet ever the weekend before Halloween. She doesn't have all of her skills quite either, but they will let her compete as long she gets her RO BHS (she has done it on the resi but not on the floor), she is missing her stride circle still and is very iffy on the beam dismount (makes it on smaller beams but not high beams). Oh by the way, she hasn't learned the routines yet either. This will leave lots of room for improvement.

My DD is L7/L8 our first meet isn't until November then its on average 3 meets a month until the end of april and most aren't even close to home.

DD's first meet is right around the corner as well (think we will be in the same place as the Midget:)). DD is repeating level 4, so I'm not as anxious as I was this time last year. Midget's dad- has your daughter's gym gotten a schedule yet? We're still waiting to hear which day.

We got the schedule today. Level 4 has 3 sessions, I can't remember what gym you are at so I will give you all 3

Friday, Sept 23rd 6PM - AC, HSG, TSG, VG, UG, MSG
Saturday, Sept 24th 2:55 PM - LIS, EEG, TG, IA, MPCT
Saturday, Sept 24th 6:30 PM - DISC, FGC, GG, TAG, GC, MG10, TNG, WG

Midget is going at 8 AM on Saturday. Let me know which session you are in.

Saturday, Sept 24th 2:55 PM - LIS, EEG, TG, IA, MPCT

We'll be in the above afternoon session on Saturday. The level 5's from DD's gym will be in the Sunday AM session. Sending good luck wishes Bella's way!!

My DD is L7/L8 our first meet isn't until November then its on average 3 meets a month until the end of april and most aren't even close to home.
\

WOW!! You guys have almost 18 meets? Thats CRAZY!! (but fun at the same time!!!)

\

WOW!! You guys have almost 18 meets? Thats CRAZY!! (but fun at the same time!!!)

Yup 18 exactly plus we will be adding in the High School meets to that schedule but we haven't received that schedule yet. DD is a freshman and made the HS team. Fortunatly their meets are during the week I am told usually after school and done by dinner time. the only meet on the weekend for the HS meet is the state meet.

Thank God my DD loves going to the meets and competing

Yup 18 exactly plus we will be adding in the High School meets to that schedule but we haven't received that schedule yet. DD is a freshman and made the HS team. Fortunatly their meets are during the week I am told usually after school and done by dinner time. the only meet on the weekend for the HS meet is the state meet.

Thank God my DD loves going to the meets and competing

I can't imagine 18 meets! Dd would love it... She adores competing, but I think I would go crazy. Plus it seems like you'd have to move to a bigger house just to have room for all the stuff she'd bring home from 18 meets/year!

LOL Mary. Well I do live in a house with 5 bedrooms and one currently does have a shelf or two with trophies, ribbons, etc from both my son and DD. Remember too some of those she has to qualify for like sectionals and states etc.

Yes, but beyond medals, ribbons, etc. what about the never ending supply of Tshirts, bags, water bottles, that come home from every meet? I feel like we're swimming in that stuff already, and heaven forbid I should suggest we throw any of it out. It's all "special!"

Our first meet (L3) is this weekend. DD is very excited. She needs a spot on her mill circle but she otherwise has her skills. We will see how it goes. Good luck to everyone else on your upcoming meets!
:)

DD is training level 5, but I don't think she will compete at all until Feb 2012. She only gets to compete in about 3 meets a year because we re the only team in our entire country and we have to go overseas to compete. The team is going to Crown of the Carolinas in November, but we can't afford it so we're skipping that one. I think there's a good chance DD will be ready to compete L5 in Feb - if she goes to Crown in Nov she would probably have to repeat L4.

Yes, but beyond medals, ribbons, etc. what about the never ending supply of Tshirts, bags, water bottles, that come home from every meet? I feel like we're swimming in that stuff already, and heaven forbid I should suggest we throw any of it out. It's all "special!"

T-shirts they keep in their room and actually wear them all the time. water bottles we have a cabinet in the kitchen with all those in them that is all that is in there LOL but we actually use them for Scouts all the time too -

Oh and somehow some of those items seem to just disapear from the house when they get ratty or we have too many LOL It seems to only happen though when I clean the house LOL Hmmmm You think the kids have any clue I might be thinning things out? Nope they don't even know 1/2 the stuff they have

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back