What are good camps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

Limebow125

:wave:My mom asked me if I wanted to go to camp this year but i couldn't find any good camps. We thought about going to Twistars in Michigan, but we were just seeing if there was any other good camps. I live in the USA for those who help. thanks.:scratchchin:

Late in the year for college camps

College gymnastics programs have great summer camps that are more focused on gymnastics and less on arts and crafts. University of Oklahoma and Texas Womens University have great summer camps but they are in June. They run for 5 days and are residence camps. Both camps are excellent and my daughter got some new skills. Holly Vise was my daughters camp counselor for 2 years in a row. Plus it is a great way for the girls to experience dorm life as well as taking a look at NCAA college gymnastics.

Thanks all I think I will try the flip fest camp because it is a little closer. I am also not in college yet thanks though. I will definitely look into the collage camps when I get there. (I am only in 8th)

I'm sure Flip Fest is going to be amazing, but just so you know, you don't have to be in college to go to a college's gymnastics camp. Hope you have an awesome time!

Thanks all I think I will try the flip fest camp because it is a little closer. I am also not in college yet thanks though. I will definitely look into the collage camps when I get there. (I am only in 8th)

College camps are for all ages. Its a camp held at a college and usually girls on the gymnastics team there help coach along with the college coach and guest coaches. Most of these camps offer the option of overnight(you would live in the dorms) or commuter. As was said there is less of the "camp" type experience like hanging out at a lake etc., but most have some fun activites for the campers in the evenings. Many of these camps are quite good and less expensive than the big name overnight camps.
It might help if you told us where in the US you live. I know there are many CBers that have gone to quite a few gym camps and could give you more feedback.

Ok thanks all again. I don't know which one to go. I will probably play a wheel of fortune wheel kind of thing ha ha ha:D

Ok thanks all again. I don't know which one to go. I will probably play a wheel of fortune wheel kind of thing ha ha ha:D

Might be good to talk with your parents and see what they can afford! Remember its not just camp tuition, but also travel to/from that need to be considered.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back