Parents What I did with DD's first comp. leo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jen H.

Proud Parent
I couldn't afford a real shadowbox frame, so I used one of the plastic box frames, I mounted it on black velvet, and added a little bling...She loves it!:D

(Sorry, can't take the second attachment of for some reason).

photo-13_zps0c81ccaf-1_zps6207ea5f.jpg

Attachments

• photo-13.jpg
    photo-13.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 87
Very nice! I'm practical - we sold it to another girl coming into the team... Lol..

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

I am thinking of something similar to this with all forty or so of my little man's medals. His comp suit may be used by his brother next year. My youngest is still deciding what sport he likes. :)

loves it!! my little one's has been sitting around waiting for her to be a level 10 so i can say, "see how little you were when you started?? her first season was last year. she is 5 we have a lot of waiting to do. :)

what a great idea. I can't say I'm that sentimental I sold mine to the first person who needed a cheaper comp leo when My DD outgrew hers still do.

I'm keeping all comp leos. I could kick myself for not keeping at least one leo when she was a little. But I had no idea she was going to take to it like she has so I gave them all away. :-(

I have the comp leo that she wore for L3 and half of this year. That's the one with the red gatorade stain on it. Still gonna keep it!

And I'm going to keep this one that I just bought for half of L5 to replace the gatorade leo.

I am thinking of something similar to this with all forty or so of my little man's medals. His comp suit may be used by his brother next year. My youngest is still deciding what sport he likes. :)

For medals, I buy those strips of wood that have several hooks on them. So for last year, because it was L3 and she got a lot of medals that year, she has a white one with about six hooks. I put it up, bought a wooden L and a 3 from Michael's to mount above it. Then I scattered around her gym picture, her write up in the paper, and her USAG card around those medals.

This year, I bought a smaller strip because she isn't winning as many medals. I bought an L and a 5, painted them, glittered them (Your son probably would want to forgo the glitter!), and am doing the same thing. Her gym picture, her paper write up, and eventually, her USAG card.

I'll keep doing this for as long as she's in gym. It looks really cute on her walls too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back