Parents What to expect first class

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sascis

Proud Parent
Hi my daughter is starting her first gymnastics class this saturday. Shes only 4, silly question but whats the gymnastics like at this early stage.

Thanks

It's going to vary some depending on your gym, but our preschool gym has appropriately sized bars and floor beams, a trampoline, monkey bars, and a slide. I would expect that the coach would rotate through a couple circuits with a few stations each, do a little stretching, and maybe introduce a couple basic shapes. There should be some fun activities to develop strength and coordination. The main focus should be on building fundamental skills and basic fitness while having lots of fun.

It's going to vary some depending on your gym, but our preschool gym has appropriately sized bars and floor beams, a trampoline, monkey bars, and a slide. I would expect that the coach would rotate through a couple circuits with a few stations each, do a little stretching, and maybe introduce a couple basic shapes. There should be some fun activities to develop strength and coordination. The main focus should be on building fundamental skills and basic fitness while having lots of fun.

Sounds about right. Have her in a leotard or tight fitting clothes - no tights, no socks. It will be the basics and probably a ton of fun for her and you. Enjoy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back