when do we find out who is on the olympic london 2012 team?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't think the reference is totally unfounded though....while Marta and Bela have been "good" for USA gymnastics , they are total extremists in their training...sometimes more isn't better just because it is more...

bela, yes. and he's gone. marta, no. and the USA would have ended up where we have evolved to without them.

Why? Marta over trains the girls before big competitions, she had Shayla train AA when she should have been focusing on bars, she has needless amounts of camps and sends girls off to competitions that don't need it and ignores the ones she doesn't like or she doesn't want to lose face by not winning.

What is good about that?

it amazes me just how many armchair quarterbacks are out there and don't understand our system.

i have said this before and i'll say it again...marta is not the final say. it is done by committee.

marta DOES NOT TRAIN ANYONE! the personal coaches do.

the rest of what you said is inaccurate. and i do mean that nicely.

and shayla? i'm not going there. all i will say is that everything isn't what it appears with the elite level. and i'll leave it at that.

way to soon...:)

Oh, I knew you were going to take issue with the question. And I know it's way too soon. I have no guesses because I don't follow elite gymnastics. But I'm looking forward to trying to find this post two years from now to see if anyone was correct.

Marta trains every single girl on the National team, not directly but she trains them. If the personal coaches aren't training Martas girls the way she wants them to she will have them change.

What isn't true about what I have said? She had Bridget go all the way to Australia to do bars, why, because she needed the World champion to be there to show off to the world. She has found a new favourite in Aly Raisman so what does she do, she sends her to Am Cup, then France and Jesolo and then Australia and training camps in between, the poor girl has barely been home. And these are only recent examples.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match about this, you have your opinion and I have mine. PM me if you want to continue.

agreed, and she's not really elite material. she's good though.

She is already Elite. She is Interantional Elite. She made International Elite in July of 2009. She practices hard. She might not be ready but I guess we'll see. She hasn't been with Chow long but looks like she is doing well training with him.

Last edited:
Marta trains every single girl on the National team, not directly but she trains them. If the personal coaches aren't training Martas girls the way she wants them to she will have them change.

What isn't true about what I have said? She had Bridget go all the way to Australia to do bars, why, because she needed the World champion to be there to show off to the world. She has found a new favourite in Aly Raisman so what does she do, she sends her to Am Cup, then France and Jesolo and then Australia and training camps in between, the poor girl has barely been home. And these are only recent examples.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match about this, you have your opinion and I have mine. PM me if you want to continue.

yikes!:eek:

Not sure who I think will make it. But I do know that Shawn is trying again and that there is another girl at Chow's named Keeley McNeer who Chow is also trying to get to the Olympics. Two girls at the same gym. Wow gonna be hard. Having two girls from the same gym competing to go the olympics. Not very likely that they both will make it if at all even one of them. But I do hope that one of them makes it. I know that Keeley is going to the Visa Championships. Not sure if Shawn is going or not. Haven't heard.

Keely is no longer with Chow. She is getting individualized coaching. In the last few weeks, she has made remarkable progress. :)

Looks like a huge cheer gym, a big change from CHow's to be sure. Let's hope she's happy there, she has had a lot of gym moves and that is tough.

Not sure who I think will make it. But I do know that Shawn is trying again and that there is another girl at Chow's named Keeley McNeer who Chow is also trying to get to the Olympics. Two girls at the same gym. Wow gonna be hard. Having two girls from the same gym competing to go the olympics. Not very likely that they both will make it if at all even one of them. But I do hope that one of them makes it. I know that Keeley is going to the Visa Championships. Not sure if Shawn is going or not. Haven't heard.

Breystan's has Alicia Sacramone and Aly Raisman and while I don't think that they are both wanting to go to London, my guess is if the coaching is excellent then it might not be out of the question for 2 to make it.

So, who do people here think will make the team? I know it's 2 years off and plenty will change between now and then, but what are your best guesses?

Most definitely Rebecca Bross, Alicia Sacramone (I believe she said she's trying for 2012?), Jordyn Weiber, Shawn Johnson (please pretty please!) and my next guess is Bridget Sloan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back