Anon When to tell a coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (eec9)

My DD is getting concerned and nervous lately. A gymmate lately began doing skills without proper training and no spots at practice. She came to the gym as "self-trained".

The teammate does ask the regular coach to do the new skills but is told No due to they are working on something else and the lesson for the day is planned out. If that happens she asks another coach until she gets the yes. (Similar if kid asks dad, dad says no, and kid goes to mom scenerio)

My DD doesn't want her friend to be hurt because the path it is going something will happen. That's the part she is scared of.

I am concerned if the coaches are not talking to eachother enough to know the gymansts are doing with what skills. Now things do change in a day/minute/hour but we are not big enough to be that out of touch with eachother.

It's starting to raise some flags with me if this continues but devil's advocate coaches may not know what is going on if they aren't communicating well enough.

If either coach is letting her do the skill they must think it's safe (you said the first coach is saying the skill isn't in the days plan, not that it's unsafe). It's not really your place to tell the coaches you think teammate shouldn't be doing certain skills. If you don't trust the coaches opinions regarding your own daughters safety it's time to look for another gym.

Thank you! This is why I ask questions. I can see that perspective. I think was makes her nervous is doing it independently without a coach or spot and not doing the skill at all.
I can see what your saying though and it make sense.

I don’t anyone is looking for your feedback on how the coaches are training someone else’s child.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News