Where in the world?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is showing you somewhere on the map...it just depends where your IP tracks to.

EDIT: My pin is about 15 miles off...but it's close.

My pin is green but I think I get a red one as a mod.

I turned the red ones off...I didn't know if all the mods would want everyone to know where they are.

Mine is still red though???

Wow, I thought there would be more users near me. I guess I need to do more recruiting. ;)

That would be great!

There might be more though...the map only shows people currently viewing the site.

That would be great!

There might be more though...the map only shows people currently viewing the site.
Well then a better question would be: How come they're not on the site all the time clicking "New Posts" every 15 minutes like me?" HA!

Hey, that is a pretty fun feature. But how do we know which pin is who? I mean I have found mine because I don't see anyone else in my city let alone my state, but how do we know its us?

Very interesting to see where all the guests come from.
But am I totally crazy for finding this a little bit creepy? I did not put on my hometown on purpose.

Personally I am glad my ip locates me far from where I actually live. A lot of people here like to be anonymous. This is a bit like letting the whole memberships see ip's, not something that we have done before.

Deep sixing it would be my vote.

I like it. It isn't like anyone not on the admin team can tell which of those little pins is me. Since I choose to have the flag, it is obvious I'm one of the U.S. ones; but other than that, you can't know which is me. I think it is cool to be able to look and see the basic area where people are online from.

Now if you could drill it down to see the street addresses, that wouldn't be good; but I haven't been able to get it down to "street view".

The problem I see is this board has always allowed us to be invisible location wise.

I find it a bit scary safety wise if some stalker or dangerous person got on here and found one of the teenagers location. We are not all adults on here. Also some folks in countries where there are few people may not like it either.

In this day an age of our society I don't think this is a safe feature even though it is cool!

But if I happen to be the only member in my huge geographical area, which I am, it could literally show where I am sitting.

Not so bad when there are many from one place, but that is not always the case.

I was able to zoom right in to see the street name quite easily.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back