Parents Whew! Just in time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is a level 5. Just this week she finally got her kip. It's been a pain staking several months of blood sweat and tears. It's still pretty sporadic. How long does it typically take a girl to get it nearly everytime? We have a meet in Baltimore on Sat and it's gonna be a roll of the dice. daddy's gonna pop the bottle of tums and hold his breath. That DARN kip! Curse you!!!!

Dennis
gymdad.blogspot.com

Welcome to the CB! Congrats to your daughter for finally getting her kip! It is a big skill and a tricky one, too. My daughter first got hers about 6 months ago and she still misses it sometimes. She is finally getting it with straight arms now and sometimes it looks really beautiful. Sometimes she still just makes it and it isn't as pretty. She is still a level 4 though and so she doesn't practice it all the time. If she did I think it would be pretty solid by now.

Also, you might want to click here to join the Parent Group so you can later reply to this thread! http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups It can be confusing at first when you don't realize why you can post a thread, but then not respond. :D

Good luck to your daughter on her first level 5 meet! Sending her the kip fairy!!!

Hi and welcome. As you have probably guessed by now from reading other posts, there is no standard age to get (or keep) the kip or any other skill. Skills can come and go. For example, my dd's team had their practice meet last week and and when she started her bar routine, she missed her kip. She is L10 this year so it just goes to show you that it can happen at any time. Best of luck to your dd at the meet and I hope that kip stays with her.

COngrats on that huge skill, my youngests kip comes and goes like the sunshine, fortunately she can compete here without it, but it is such a challenge. Nice to have you join us!

Welcome, and congrats to your dd on getting her kip! It took my dd about 6 or 7 months to get her kip consistently with straight arms so that she could connect it to all the other elements in the Level 5 bar routine - took longer for the high bar kip than the low bar. It will come and go for a bit. Crossing fingers she makes it this weekend!

Meg

Fingers crossed for you. My dd got hers 9 days before a meet and she did it in the meet just fine (adreneline?). It comes and goes now - I expect it to take a year before it is solid as she doesn't train many hours.

Yay !!! I sure hope it hangs around for the meet. Will send the Kip Fairy !!

My DD has done hers 3 times. I heard they were pretty too, of course I had already gone out to the preschool room to teach class and missed all 3 !!!

Welcome!!! My dd just got her kip recently too. It is a very tricky skill--comes and goes like the wind. Good luck in Baltimore!! I hear there is a cheer competition going on at the very same venue so it should be a ton of fun!!! Lots of giggling cheery girls with curls and "uptight hair" (from the movie Stick It!). Your blog looks very fun--just glanced at it but it looks like it is a very fun read!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back