WAG Who is more bad*ss

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Biles, or chusovitina?

Ok, yes, Biles is by far the best in the world right now........but c'mon, 40 years old? Oksana started gymnastics when the beam was wood, and the rails were close!!!!

The fact that she has kept up all these years is truly daunting!

Who is more of a badass in your opinion??

Chuso. Biles is awesome, almost inhuman no question. But she is still young and no one knows how long she's gonna last. This ist such a hard sport to get old in!

Between Chuso and Marian Dragulescu, I am going to be so excited for these games that I may not even survive.

Simone is amazing for sure but to have staying power in this sport the way Chusovitina has is quite an accomplishment. To be in such a difficult sport and to qualify for so many Olympic Games despite changes in equipment and the Code is impressive. And at 40? Amazing.

Just try to imagine the amount of love and passion she has for the sport. Literally! Just try!!! Seriously, at this point, she can't possibly have anything left to prove (her list of accomplishments is insane), so at this point she is just doing it because she has a complete and total love affair with the sport.

You could argue that Simone definitely has a deep love for the sport too, but over time, and after injuries and abuse, the athlete-sport relationship can be stretched thin. Most athletes end up getting a "divorce" with the sport, simply because interests cease to align; the athlete grows old and endures too many injuries, or the athlete begins to realize and pursue all the other aspects of life that were hidden from them during their years of intense training, or simply because they've had enough and their interests don't align anymore. Oksana Chusovitina, on the other hand, is an example of being truly in love and "growing old together" with her sport. A true inspiration to all.

In short, both are completely, utterly badass, but in different ways!

I love Chuso. She's just a bit younger than I am, so I identify with her in that regard. While I'm sure she obviously does love her sport, you also must consider that at the point she likely would have retired, she couldn't. Her son was very ill and she was able to get health benefits for him by competing for Germany. Thankfully, he seems to be healed and recovered, but that is part of what kept her in the sport at that time.

I'm glad she stuck around long enough to become a legend and to be able to compete for her home country again. She's definitely come full circle!

I cannot WAIT to see Chuso compete. Being of a similar age and in the gym coaching every day.... No way could I imagine how much hard work it would take to actually do those things myself. Tremendous respect for that lady!!!

Well I'd say this is comparing a bad*ss apple to a bad**** orange, except nobody sends me articles about Simone with the comment, "Your career doesn't have to be over."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back