WAG Why does this happen?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
Reaction score
Been scared of a skill (release) for a while now and today I just sort of felt brave. Did it with no problem in our competition equipment (no extra mats, no changed setting...). It was great, caught 3 in a row.

Kind of ironic... how long I spent on drills and other stuff to help. When my coach abandoned the skill and pretty much gave up hope. Then 2 months later I do it...

lol Why does this happen!? I have no idea why I couldn't just go for it 2 months ago...

brag and questioning mind...lol

You're a fine example of something I've preached for years. Provided you have a good coach and are willing to condition properly and work hard on the drills........GYMNASTICS AIN'T THAT HARD. It's funny how wrapping your mind around new skills is the most difficult part of being a gymnast. Congrats on coming around on the release move, and I have a feeling you broke through the mind barrier faster than quite a few others.

It's funny how wrapping your mind around new skills is the most difficult part of being a gymnast.

EXACTLY!

Thanks! lol I know a lot of gymnasts (including myself) that over think and over analyze everything...

Gymnastics.....The practice of doing the same thing over and over and over again, and expecting a different result! ;)

This is how gymnasts make coaches go bald at an early age :).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back