WAG Winter Caribbean Invitational

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Has anyone been to this meet? It is in Puerto Rico and is hosted by Mihai Gymnastics. Is it a competitive meet? Good for higher levels? What kind of competition can be expected? Benefits of not going or going to the meet. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are not going this year, but some parents have been discussing the possibility next year. Thank you.

DD went in 2013 but I didn't - I sent her with her best friend. Our gym has been a few times before that too. It is definitely competitive - the standards are high. I don't know much about the higher levels as DD was only an old level 5 at that point, but there were definitely level 8, 9 and 10 entries from a few clubs, including from US clubs (e.g. from CA, GA, MD). Comments from our coaches and parents have been that the meet can be a little disorganized - one year our team competing in the last session was at the gym until nearly midnight! And the hotel costs tend to be on the high side. DD enjoyed herself when she went.

Has anyone been to this meet? It is in Puerto Rico and is hosted by Mihai Gymnastics. Is it a competitive meet? Good for higher levels? What kind of competition can be expected? Benefits of not going or going to the meet. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are not going this year, but some parents have been discussing the possibility next year. Thank you.
Hello, we are also looking into this competition? did you hear anything new about it--did your team participated? Any information will be greatly appreciated!

My daughter's former gym went there last year. From what I've been told, it is not a large meet. It did not seem very competitive but everyone had a lot of fun and took home a lot of medals and trophies.

My gym just went- I had to opt out, but according to my teammates & coach it was excellent. Great equipment, nice venue. Meet director is very friendly and helpful, spoke with him personally earlier this season about a refund due to injury, which he was very pleasant about. He had also recommended hotels to the gym and gave the pros and cons of both. Make sure you register early. Levels 5-National competed so there are high level gymnasts.

My gym just went- I had to opt out, but according to my teammates & coach it was excellent. Great equipment, nice venue. Meet director is very friendly and helpful, spoke with him personally earlier this season about a refund due to injury, which he was very pleasant about. He had also recommended hotels to the gym and gave the pros and cons of both. Make sure you register early. Levels 5-National competed so there are high level gymnasts.
Great! Thank you for your response!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back