Women's AA Finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm... kind of... nervous.
Not sure what went wrong during Aly's bars? It looked good to me, some leg separation and small hop on dismount, but from the look at her (and her coach) face it was clear it didn't go as they (and all of us) hoped...

Bars is her weakest event. Form mainly. Start value is pretty high but she gets killed in her execution. But I wouldn't worry...her next two events are stacked. As long as she stays on I think she'll make up all lost points from bars.

I know she missed a connection and had to cast again to do the skill....

Did they replace Flavia and then her replacement was seriously injured on floor? OMG. That SUCKS.

I know @CoachMeg .
I actually kind of expected Mustafina to take lead after UB.
She is UB champion from London, right? And pretty good chance to defend the title in Rio.

Did anyone see what happened to Jade Barbosa? in live scoring for floor said "did not finish" and vault is "did not start".
Seems like she got hurt, but from the live stream I'm watching, didn't see or hear anything.

I know she missed a connection and had to cast again to do the skill....

Did they replace Flavia and then her replacement was seriously injured on floor? OMG. That SUCKS.

Yeah Jade Barbosa twisted an ankle on her first or second tumbling pass...

Did anyone see what happened to Jade Barbosa? in live scoring for floor said "did not finish" and vault is "did not start".
Seems like she got hurt, but from the live stream I'm watching, didn't see or hear anything.

Wondering the same thing...

I didn't understand her beam score at all!! She should easily pass Mustafina on floor though based on their previous scores though, assuming she hits the routine.

I swear I heard the announcers say that Flavia decided not to do all around to save energy for event finals???

Or I maybe crazy and hearing things ;)

Reactions: sce
Why was her score so low (for her) on beam? She looked solid.

I agree, much more solid than in quals (she had that major wobble on her aerial cartwheel) and she only scored 0.033 higher today. I think scores are just tighter...qualifications they might not have been as in depth. They really have to be exact here, as 1 tenth (as we know from the men) can be the difference between first and second. Still think her routine was better than what she got, but Simone also scored 2 tenths lower in quals than today, so at least they are consistently scoring lower.

Im watching the floor live stream (no commentators) and I heard an announcement in the background about an inquiry (i think?) from Aly Raisman being rejected. So I'm guessing that the coaches filed an inquiry. And we aren't the only ones that think her score was too low. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back