Parents work at Woodward?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
My daughters are possibly going to Camp Woodward in PA this summer. I know parents can work there. I was wondering if anyone has done that? Do the parents stay with the campers? How much of a discount is it? If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

I have been to Lake Owen (the WI version of Woodward) for the last two summers as one of the camp nurses. With me there, DD is free, but I am on call 24 hours a day for the week. Other positions the cost for the child to go has been about $400 for the week.

I haven't yet, but I am planning on submitting an application for Lake Owen this year. A friend of mine did it last year. She was a cabin mom for junior campers. There are other positions too such as cafeteria or office help. I think if you look up the website it will give you the info about it as well as the application that you need to fill out.

I haven't yet, but I am planning on submitting an application for Lake Owen this year. A friend of mine did it last year. She was a cabin mom for junior campers. There are other positions too such as cafeteria or office help. I think if you look up the website it will give you the info about it as well as the application that you need to fill out.

Thank you, I did find an application but it did not give cost information. I will check with their coach to see if I can find out more.

My friend was a nurse and you get ONE child free (and have to pay for any others) . I had friends who were also drivers, cabin moms, canteen moms and they were all discounted $300 per week, period. The cabin moms bunked with the campers in the cabins but some of the others were housed in different places (Mike's house; other cabins on the campus)

Like a prior poster said, nurses are on call 24/7 and get to stay right in the infirmary in a real bed. Most of the parents I know that did this had a decent time.

When you go into the website and under employment, it will list the jobs and then there will be a link that says "Mom and Dad to Camp Application." When you click on that, it has lots of information about the jobs and discounts. If you click on the general application, there is no information, so you have to click on the other one. I'm an RN and I am thinking about applying for one of the nursing positions this summer. My daughter will only be 7, so I'm a little leery to leave her there by herself, so I thought this was one way to be there in case she needs something and also help offset the cost of camp. Good luck!

When you go into the website and under employment, it will list the jobs and then there will be a link that says "Mom and Dad to Camp Application." When you click on that, it has lots of information about the jobs and discounts. If you click on the general application, there is no information, so you have to click on the other one. I'm an RN and I am thinking about applying for one of the nursing positions this summer. My daughter will only be 7, so I'm a little leery to leave her there by herself, so I thought this was one way to be there in case she needs something and also help offset the cost of camp. Good luck!

Thank you, this information was on the Lake Owen site. I assume the PA location would be the same. My youngest, almost 12, REALLY wants to go but my older daughter, 13, doesn't like the idea of it being a week long. I don't like the price tag and thought working there could help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back