WAG Xcel Platinum Hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymnast15

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Reaction score
Hi, I’m currently training for level 6/ platinum at a gym with 13 hours, I’m also thinking about going to another gym and training platinum there, and they told me that their platinums only train 9 hours, is that normal for xcel platinum?

I’m xcel platinum and I’m training 5. Some kids do 7.5 but none of the xcel girls train more than 7.5. I know other gyms near us who train similar hours to yours though.

I will also be a platinum and I will be training 9 hours of club (potentially an extra 3 hours for HS)

Our platinums trained 9-12 hours last year. DD is now a diamond and training 18 hours but the platinums this year only get 9 hours. At our gym Silver-Platinum are treated as the traditional xcel flexible hours if you dont want the time commitment of compulsory. Whereas Diamond/Sapphire are really just more for skill flexibility. They have the same hours as level 8-10 and same meets, same coaches, everything. But 9-12 hours seems to be the norm for Platinum around us

My daughter did platinum last year at an xcel only gym and did 14 hours. We switched to a new gym that does xcel to optionals and their platinums train 15 hours and optionals train max of 16 hours. Depending on your region and whether this is USAG or AAU, etc fewer hours may put you at a disadvantage at meets when you’re competing against gyms that train their xcel like compulsory. In our area 9 hours is low for Platinum and even Gold.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back