WAG 2nd meet coming up this weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Kadee's 2nd L5 meet is this Saturday out of state.

It's been about a month since the first meet. She only scored a 29.5 (was 7.2 to 7.5 on everything..at least she was consistent..lol). She's young, and itty bitty. But she sure does give it her all...lol

She had her vault over the table back in April/May. She also had her ROBHSBHS back in April/May. Then all the sudden between Halloween and Thanksgiving she developed this fear of both. It got to the point where she wouldn't even do the one BHS she competed last year.

They told her that if she didn't get it back she wouldn't be able to compete floor and vault until she got them. About a week before the first meet she started doing them again. They were NOT pretty at that first meet. They were actually down right scary looking. But she still got out there and did it.

She missed her high bar kip at the first meet and insisted on muscling it up. She normally gets her kips (might not be the most perfect one anyone ever saw..but she gets it). So she was really down on herself about her bar routine because "swingin' bars is her thang" (imagine this coming from a 7 yr old girl with a southern drawl...lol)

She just really struggled at that first meet. But one thing I sure noticed with her is her "maturity". She is just more aware I guess..lol

Anyway she says she is doing much better with her vault and floor and is not scared of them anymore.

So fingers crossed that this meet will go better for her.

It's an over nighter. Meet time is 8:30am on Saturday.
So, friday we will go to the zoo or museum or something fun but educational, and make a mini family vaca out of it.

Anywho...good luck to all that are having meets the weekend. All the best to your babies.

My dd has a meet too and hopefully will compete her vault. It will be a late one for us as her report time is 4:45pm ugh! I too wish the best for your dd and enjoy traveling :) its exciting for them.

Go Kadee! Lots of good luck fairy dust coming her way!!! Let us know how it goes. My son's first L5 meet is Saturday, too, but not until 5pm! And its local, so no special fun stuff for us (rats). Have a great time!!

Thank you everyone.
gymmomof1, best of luck to your DD.
Azgymmiemom, hope your DS has a wonderful meet

Good luck to Kadee this weekend! We have an 8 a.m. report time on Sunday, so I totally sympathize! Hope she has a blast and an awesome meet :)

Sent from my N860 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My dd has her 2nd Level 7 meet this Sat. 7:45am report time ugg. She could use the make my giants fairies as she gets to compete bars this time:) Good Luck to all those who have meets also.

@cbone...not really. I think most of us will accept well intentioned prayers as well :) It's just easy to say we are sending fairies, because then if it doesn't go the way we all hoped, we blame it on the fairies :D

Good luck to Kadee and everyone else competing this weekend. We will be in your neck of the woods for the Emerald Classic meet next month!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Likewise posting to wish great good luck to all these competitors! I hope all of them have meets where they achieve their personal goals, whatever they may be -- and that the camera batteries stay charged, the google directions/GPS are right, the meet spectator fees are not outrageous, the seating is comfortable, the concessions healthy, and the siblings either with someone else or quiet and shockingly well behaved!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back