Anyone watching beam final?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

While it's nice that the Dutch can utilise their turns and spins to up their D scores and create a lovely eye pleasing routine, I thought Sanne's dismount was a little lame for an Olympic routine...I don't like when I see the gainer off the end done in NCAA after a jam packed routine (or any routine) but for the Olympics, I'm expecting more...
Do you know how difficult a full twisting gainer layout is?! :confused:

VERY.

VERY.
I agree, pretty common to see the full twisting gainer off the side or pike/layout gainer off the end at level 10 and NCAA but I can't recall the last time I saw a full twisting gainer layout off the end. Off the end much more difficult, it's an E in JO.(full twist off the side is C, single pike off end is C for comparison, have to do a triple twist off side to get an E)

VERY.

I didn't say it wasn't difficult or not fulfilling requirements, but compared to other dismounts like the triple twists and Patterson, and given the routine she put up, it seemed anti-climactic...kind of like when Courville of LSU would have an unbelievable routine on the beam , and gainer off...that was always a let down ....if you like the gainer, then you liked the dismount whereas I was expecting something different...preference that's all...

Reactions: sce
Have seen it commented on in other places(not here) that the gainer full off the end shouldn't have beaten Laurie's double pike, but they are both E's in fig code.(Patterson and triple back twist are F's) Fig ranks a full twisting gainer off the side a B. Just wanted to put it out there how much harder the full twist off the end is.

I didn't say it wasn't difficult or not fulfilling requirements, but compared to other dismounts like the triple twists and Patterson, and given the routine she put up, it seemed anti-climactic...kind of like when Courville of LSU would have an unbelievable routine on the beam , and gainer off...that was always a let down ....if you like the gainer, then you liked the dismount whereas I was expecting something different...preference that's all...
See, I don't watch a lot of college gym, so to me, the dismount was refreshing and different. My 10 year old Level 4's jaw hit the ground. Like you said... it's all about perception and preference. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back