WAG Beam shoes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
My coach is making me start wearing beam shoes since flight skills, leaps & jumps on beam are killing my heels (and my ridiculously sweaty feet literally slide off the beam- it's like walking on ice.)

I don't know anything about beam shoes & I have two options:

Shoe: Gemini Beam

Shoe: Olympian All Purpose

They both come in flesh tone & my coach doesn't care which type I get.

Does anyone know which brand holds up better and/or is less distracting in competition? Thanks!

i think the olympian all purpose will be the one for you as it has not got the straps across the foot and also its more padded on the heel than the other one:)

I know nothing about beam shoes, but the 2nd pair seems like it would be more secure to your foot due to the covering across the top of the foot. If you sweat a lot, seems like the other pair with the criss-cross strap may slip around more easily. Otherwise, they seem pretty equal in construction and description.

good luck!

My coach is making me start wearing beam shoes since flight skills, leaps & jumps on beam are killing my heels (and my ridiculously sweaty feet literally slide off the beam- it's like walking on ice.)

I don't know anything about beam shoes & I have two options:

Shoe: Gemini Beam

Shoe: Olympian All Purpose

They both come in flesh tone & my coach doesn't care which type I get.

Does anyone know which brand holds up better and/or is less distracting in competition? Thanks!

Our gyms here are not padded that means in winter times the floor is ice cold. Before and after practice we have to put the equipment up and down…..SO our kids wear sometimes shoes…not the ones with the straps, the other ones..EXCEPt on beam..turning and some jumps are difficult to do with them, they have a rubber sole (sp) on the bottom …did you ever try to use magnesia on your feet ?

And if you get a pair, I would probably not get the ones with the straps although they look better …
:)

Thanks for the replies! Going with closed ones- they kinda look like slippers or those TOMS shoes :)

I feel like they're gonna get pretty nasty FAST.

Get some of those shoe balls (deodorizing) for after practice. They dry them out a little more, too. Don't leave them in your gym bag. I'd also put some chalk on your feet before putting them on. I, too, have very sweaty feet (hyperhidrosis) and understand those challenges! Talk to your doctor, s/he may be able to give you something to help stop at least some of the sweating.

For the heel pain you could try those things Alicia Sacramone endorses. Can't remember what they're called....shock sox maybe??

My DD wears gym shoes for everything including beam. They are not this brand but are the enclosed type with rubber soles and so far she doesn't seem to have a problem with turns. Yes, they do get 'nasty'! They are made of microfibre so can be washed, and in between we use Gran's Remedy.

Thanks for more replies!! Good ideas for deodorizing because man, those are going to get real stanky, real fast.

The shock sox remind me too much of a crappy ankle brace or a Cheetah without the heel cup... I don't understand how they would work! But hey, if A-Sac is endorsing them, they muse work :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back