WAG Bruises/soreness ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I understand soreness, small injuries , and general mild discomfort are a given for any sport, but is there any way to not experience them frequently? When I come home from practice I find my hips bruised blue and purple from casts and bars in general, as well as bruises on my arms and ankles. Soreness is normal of course, but the next day I can’t move out of bed without wanting to perish immediately, which is a bit inconvenient since I have to wake up at 5 am to study most days. Any way to reduce or prevent those things, even just mildly? This is coming from someone who probably only does gymnastics around 6-8 hours a week total (including home practice). I have no idea how competitive gymnasts deal with this, seeing they can train for 12+ hours per a week! I have the greatest respect for all you competitive gymnasts o7

Tldr; the bruises are getting to me and soreness is ridiculously annoying

That level or soreness isn’t good. Ibuprofen and occasional ice should keep you feeling decent at that level of training.

Bruising from casts can be decreased by wearing shorts, if you don’t. Soreness should decrease with good nutrition and sufficient sleep.

I assume sleep is your problem, given that you get up at 5am. If your sleep is good (8+ hours a night, probably more depending on your age) and your nutrition is good, then go see a doctor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back