WAG CHS/Giants

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
ah yes—summer practices. the beginning of working new skills and—failure!

So I recently got my CHS on HB on Monday (first time working them). I'm supposed to be getting my giants this summer, but after the first week it is NOT going well. I got the first part obviously, the CHS. But I can't seem to swing back down as if you were doing a giant.

On Thursday I was told to do CHS to baby giant. This happened: https://instagram.com/p/BUiq3_Zhkaz/

My coach told me what I was doing wrong, regripping the bar. However, I don't know how to fix this issue. When I don't regrip, I don't feel safe going down. I've never had a spot on a HB CHS, like ever. And I haven't done giants on the HB in AT LEAST 6 months (fear issue). what to do??

Do your grips fit properly? Congrats on The cast handstand. Pet if me thinks time will help, just casting into handstand a ton will get you more comfortable. Also, dies your coach Jane you doing drills for body shape? Your video is quick but to me you were quite loose over all which could be part of why your peeled.

i watched some of your videos on your instagram and you can do a flyaway out of a cast so it should be the exact same and there is no reason you should be slipping off. You could be in the incorrect body position but i can't really tell in the video, to me it just seems like fear.

Going out on a limb here, first congratulations on CHS on HB. Can you Kip CH on high bar yet? Because I can't imagine why a coach put the cart before the horse.
Being more comfortable on the HB might be your biggest concern. I know our coach won't even start start working on giants with out a kip cast handstand. Because putting it all together is scary. Also the extra shifting will help with timing.
It just looks like your shift and your body position are off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back