Parents FIRST 9 OF THE SEASON FOR PUMA JR!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I am SO proud of this kid! As many of you know, she has really struggled this year score wise, but 9&1/2 months after the gym change her form is FINALLY getting there! Yesterday she got her best bars, best beam, best floor and best AA of the season! And a 9.125 on bars!!! Vault was not great...the whole team scored poorly actually. Only two of her teammates were in the 9s and barely. If Puma Jr had gotten even her second best vault score of the year, she would have broken 35....oh well, another goal to strive for!!! She had been saying all week she wanted a 9 on bars, and though she has improved sooooo much, I didn't think it would be enough. I taped her bar routine about a week and half ago and to my untrained eye (and the eyes of a few expert friends ), it was still a little under. But she improved it just a little more, and pulled it off! It STILL didn't medal (they went out to 10 places and this was only 12), but I'm still so, so proud of her. This season has been soooo much more competitive. Last season at small Xcel meets she medaled at every meet but one and even won vault twice. This year was back to JO and very large (for this area) meets, so she has walked away empty handed every single meet. But I so admire her determination and hard work. We were watching her bar routine from October and literally laughing at the difference between now and then. She still has a lot of work to do this summer, she is hellbent on moving up...I still don't know how our gym works these things, and I will trust the coaches, but 'ol Puma Jr knows what SHE wants!! LOL Thank you for all the good mojo and for following the adventures of Puma Jr!!! :)

I'm so happy for her!! Medal or not -- she met her goal and improved greatly over the course of the year. Good job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back