WAG First meet tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I coach the level 4s and 5s and meet season is finally about to begin. It's been a long wait. I am excited! I think this is the best position we've been in, at the beginning of a season, since I started working with this group four years ago. They look good but have a little room to improve. They are eager to work upgrades (and doing well) but work hard on routines when it comes time. After a summer preparing for optionals, lots of drama surrounding the decision to compete 5 instead of 6, and then getting the gymnasts excited, I think we're ready. Our gym did not have any 5s last year so it'll be new for us to see how that level goes. 8:00 am start time. Can't wait!

Excited for you and the girls! Hope you guys have a great time, and can't wait to hear how everyone does. :)
PS. They better rock bars! ;)

Bars was fabulous. No falls, most of them hit cast and clearhip requirements and made some nice baby giants and flyaways. Vault and floor were great. Beam had two falls on cartwheels, one on a back walkover and two on full turns. It may have been that we warned up beam 2 hours before they competed it (traditional format) or that they were nervous because it was the first meet but we have some work to do there. Level 4s were 1st AA in one age group, 2nd, 5th and 6th in another. Level 5s were 1st and 2nd in one age group and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th in the other. No team awards. I'm very happy with how they did! Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Congrats! Sounds like a successful meet all the way around. Did you have a lot of L5 competition? I know around here - TN - most gyms don't seem to be competing it.

Not as much as the 4s. There were 3 other gyms with level 5s. 71 gymnasts in total, levels 3-5, 18 of them were 5s. I'm disappointed and don't understand why more gyms aren't doing it. My kids look good and seemed to score well despite what I've heard about scores being generally low in that level. I wish we had more competition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back