DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aussie_coach

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
For most of those in the Northern hemisphere its a new school/gymnastics year. For us in the Southern hemisphere it is approaching the really busy last few months of the year.

What are everyone's goals now that things are up and running for a new school year/season?

Gymnastics goals, school goals, life goals, coaching goals? What do we want to achieve.

Did you know that research shows that if you write your goals down you are more likely to achieve them, also if you share your goals with others you are more likely to achieve them.

One of my goals is to renew some friendships that have been on pause due to the pandemic. I’ve recently sent somr texts and hope to have lunch or dinners set up with friends soon. On the flip side I want to continue to develop friendships that have gotten stronger during this time. Basically, I want more meaningful relationships and less isolation.

Another goal is to deep clean my apartment and get rid of excess stuff.

My biggest goal is to make computer programming my primary source of income, hopefully enough income that my wife and I can start building our dream house.

Secondary goal is to record and release a chipfolk album, like I've been wanting to do forever.

Third would be to finish at least a few of my other started-but-never-finished music and programming projects.

After that? I guess the same goals everybody has. World domination, galactic exploration, etc

Last edited:
As a gymnast, I want to have a fun, successful *probably* last season. I hope to go to regionals too, maybe place at state!

As a young, new coach teaching young, new gymnasts I want to be the coach that lights the fire beneath their feet, and gives my current gym a new generation of hardworking, passionate gymnasts. If I can do that, ideally, the rest with come with practice, and more experienced coaching as they progress ;)

As a sister to another gymnast I want to be supportive to the maximum level. You bet I will be watching her at every meet, even if it means I stay at the same meet for the whole day, or come back the next.

As a scholar, I am aiming to have a 3.7 gpa.

So generic goals, yes, but I am so excited for what this year brings for me and my family!

Gymnastics goals…. I just want my kid to not get hurt, and to keep loving what she’s doing. PT, OT and school are draining the energy from her (thank god for OT though, her wrists don’t hurt anymore) and most of her teammates are middle schoolers talking about quitting. I just want positive energy around her… there’s a new coach coming today, we’ve been wildly under staffed and I hope like crazy that he’s a nice and good person. We put up with a lot of negatives to have coaches my daughter loves who treat her well, and I hope that continues.

Non kid goals: make some friends the pandemic has been hard, also my kid moved from a Jewish school to a gifted school so I feel like I lost my community. I need friends! And I probably need another source of income lol

I am currently training to walk a half-marathon. I turn 50 next month and I haven't taken care of myself, fitness-wise, like I should have for the past 6 years or so. This race is my pledge to myself for better fitness and health as I enter the next decade of life.

The race is October 30th. All good vibes and positive energy welcomed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back