good luck for a friend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering if you guys could send some prayers to my friend today. she does T&T and landed on her neck on the tramp today. She ended up breaking her back and needs surgery. She is the type of kid that has had many serious injuries in the past and she had to quit artistic gymnastics because it became too stressful on her body. Any well wishes would be very appreciated.

Seinding all my wishes to your friend and I will be thinking of her!! That is such a shame! I hope her recovery goes well and she lives a happy healthy life!

Never what any gymnast, or gymnast parent, wants to happen.
I hope you friends surgery goes well and she makes a full recovery.

Just an update. So turns out that she broke her C5 and C6 vertibre fairly badly when she was attempting a double front half out on tramp and landed on the back of her neck. Its sad because she has done this skill many times before perfectly. she was in traction since tuesday and went into surgery at around 10 this morning. The surgery went really well. The removed 2 discs from her neck, fuzed the vertibre with bone from her hip and put in 2 titanium plates to stabelize her neck. They ended up operating from the front of her neck as it was safer. She was very lucky that she wasnt paralyzed in the first place. she got out of surgery at about 2:30 which was good as it was suppsed to go untill about 6:00. Her neck is going to be imobilized for about 6 weeks if all goes well. She cant even sit up right now so she has just about nothing to do. She has her phone and ipod and that is about it. A bunch of families from the gym are putting together a food donation for the family and my mom and I want to give her something else as well. She is not a reader so that is out of the question. we are sending flowers and a giant teddy bear. Any ideas on what else we could send? we want to send something that she can use while she is there as she will bet bored fast! any ideas? I had an idea of getting her some prism glasses so she can at least watch TV while lying down. any ideas welcome! thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes! It will be a long road ahead of her but she will get through this as she is one tough cookie! I will update again when w hear more in a few days.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back