WAG How many 8-Inchers can you use on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jenn's Jam

Proud Parent
Although I did used to compete Level 9 I don't know if rules have changed or not.. So please bare with me as this is my gymmies first year competing!

Anyways, so I was watching videos of meets and I noticed that theres either an 8-Incher (mat) off to the back of the beam (For dismounts) Or there is an 8incher under the beam but with a 4 - Incher mat for a dismount mat. Is there some rule that you can only have one 8 - Incher mat while competing for Xcel Gold atleast? Sorry im just curious.

Usually the equipment rental companies only bring a 4" and an 8". We typically put the 4" under the beam if the kid needs a mat underneath and then the 8" at one end. If the kid doesn't need a mat under, I put the 4" on one end and the 8" on the other.

Usually the equipment rental companies only bring a 4" and an 8". We typically put the 4" under the beam if the kid needs a mat underneath and then the 8" at one end. If the kid doesn't need a mat under, I put the 4" on one end and the 8" on the other.
Oh okay, this makes alot more sense. Thanks!

Although I did used to compete Level 9 I don't know if rules have changed or not.. So please bare with me as this is my gymmies first year competing!

Anyways, so I was watching videos of meets and I noticed that theres either an 8-Incher (mat) off to the back of the beam (For dismounts) Or there is an 8incher under the beam but with a 4 - Incher mat for a dismount mat. Is there some rule that you can only have one 8 - Incher mat while competing for Xcel Gold atleast? Sorry im just curious.

one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back