Intro & question about Chow's

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there!
I've got a level 6 girl gymnast. My husband just accepted a job in Des Moines, Iowa, anmd we'll be moving in the next 3-6 months. It wasn't until I started looking into where to live that I discovered that Shawn Johnson's gym, Chow's, is there!! As it turns out, my husband's office is near there and the school I'd like to send her to is also near there! Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get onto the Chow's team?

Thanks!

From what I hear ... and this is just gym talk.... is is extremely difficult to get into that gym's team now. But you do'nt have anything to lose by trying for it!!

Take a look at his website it will tell you all that you will need to know. I believe you need to send a video. But you should also let them know why you are moving there. Just so they don't think its because of the gym. It couldn't hurt.

My daughter used to go to Chows. Very good gym but is very hard to get on team. This is what you need to do to apply to be on team.

Try-out Information
Due to the volume of requests, and the busy schedule of Chow and Li, please follow these guidelines if you are interested in trying out for Chow's Team:

All candidates must first send a video of current performance along with gymnast's competition results directly to the gym at:

2010 Chow's Gymnastics & Dance Institute
2210 & 2218 Park Drive West Des Moines, IA 50265
Upon selection, you will be notified to make arrangements for a personal try-out or evaluation.

Not sure if they would make an exception since you are moving here and maybe they can do a quick tryout. Not sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back