Parents Juju's 3rd Meet Update - A crown for The Crown

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Let me start by saying thank you for having such a wonderful place to share our joys and frustrations as parents to a gymnast. It is nice to have a place to share our gymmies accomplishments without having to worry about the drama that a success or some parent bragging can sometimes bring within a gym. And of course write short novels too… I’ll be impressed if you make it to the end - LOL

Now, let me say that never in my wildest dreams did I expect to feel the way I do right now… I am so proud of my baby girl!!! We were beyond thrilled last year when she got a 28.4 in her first L4 meet. It was amazing to watch her improve through the year and do so well at states. We were both a little happy and sad at the decision for her to repeat L4 this year but all in all it made the most sense due to so many factors. With her repeating L4, I still did not expect such continued improvement from her but she continues to surpass my expectations with every meet she competes in. How do they do that???

Lilly had her 3rd L4 meet of this season and it is a big meet (2nd largest in SC with 850+ gymnasts) that is hosted by our gym and she did AWESOME. Each meet keeps getting better and better and I wonder when that part will end, but we sure are enjoying things today. This meet she started on beam, which is what she prefers (get it over with right away). She did a solid beam routine for a 9.25 so we are starting out with smiles. Next was floor, which is not normally a strong event for her. Good, just not great… Well, today, she pulled off Great (definitely made up for forgetting the dun.. dun.. poses at the end of her routine last meet where she got an 8.5 – LOL) and got a 9.5 – can you say HOLY COW!?! Vault has always been a struggle for her. We would have loved a 9 (Lilly was once again hoping for an all 9 meet – one of her goals), but ended up with an 8.8 - Oh well. Bars were last and have recently proved to be her best event. No disappointment today as she earned a 9.65.

She was in the 7-year-old age group with 14 girls.
Vault: 8.8 (5th)
Bars: 9.65 (1st) – personal best
Beam: 9.25 (1st)
Floor: 9.5 (1st) – personal best
AA: 37.2 (1st) – personal best
Her team also took home another 1st Place win! Always nice a at meet you host.

Now we were already on such a high with that amazing AA score but there was something even better in store for her day… At our meet we crown a King/Queen of each session, which is the gymnast with the highest AA regardless of age. We were over the moon when Lilly was called up to be Crowned Queen of her session. The funny thing is that winning the Crown was one of her goals for the meet and I just kind of laughed it off and told her that it was a wonderful goal to have (while thinking… yeah right). I guess she showed me.

Now please do not think less of me because there is NO way I would ever mention the following with in my gym. I strongly believe in being both a graceful winner and/or loser, but I feel like if I cannot share it with my ‘anonymous’ CB friends then who with…? So here goes… Major parental bragging alert!!! In our meet we had over 850 gymnasts from 10 states plus a team from Barbados with 178 of those being Level 4 girls. Out of the 178 level 4 girls, my baby had the #2 All Around score. Wow… I am in such awe of her hard work and determination.

I did get video and pictures so I will be working on a montage. I will let you know once it is posted. If you made it this far, thank you!

WOW, WOW, WOW, and WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS Queen Lilly! You both should be sooooo proud of how outstanding you did, especially being #2 out off ALL of those level 4's! I am very impressed, can't wait to see the video!

No Thank you for sharing. We all feel proud of the CB gymmies. What a wonderful day! I feel all choked up.

Let me start by saying thank you for having such a wonderful place to share our joys and frustrations as parents to a gymnast. It is nice to have a place to share our gymmies accomplishments without having to worry about the drama that a success or some parent bragging can sometimes bring within a gym. And of course write short novels too… I’ll be impressed if you make it to the end - LOL

Now, let me say that never in my wildest dreams did I expect to feel the way I do right now… I am so proud of my baby girl!!! We were beyond thrilled last year when she got a 28.4 in her first L4 meet. It was amazing to watch her improve through the year and do so well at states. We were both a little happy and sad at the decision for her to repeat L4 this year but all in all it made the most sense due to so many factors. With her repeating L4, I still did not expect such continued improvement from her but she continues to surpass my expectations with every meet she competes in. How do they do that???

Lilly had her 3rd L4 meet of this season and it is a big meet (2nd largest in SC with 850+ gymnasts) that is hosted by our gym and she did AWESOME. Each meet keeps getting better and better and I wonder when that part will end, but we sure are enjoying things today. This meet she started on beam, which is what she prefers (get it over with right away). She did a solid beam routine for a 9.25 so we are starting out with smiles. Next was floor, which is not normally a strong event for her. Good, just not great… Well, today, she pulled off Great (definitely made up for forgetting the dun.. dun.. poses at the end of her routine last meet where she got an 8.5 – LOL) and got a 9.5 – can you say HOLY COW!?! Vault has always been a struggle for her. We would have loved a 9 (Lilly was once again hoping for an all 9 meet – one of her goals), but ended up with an 8.8 - Oh well. Bars were last and have recently proved to be her best event. No disappointment today as she earned a 9.65.

She was in the 7-year-old age group with 14 girls.
Vault: 8.8 (5th)
Bars: 9.65 (1st) – personal best
Beam: 9.25 (1st)
Floor: 9.5 (1st) – personal best
AA: 37.2 (1st) – personal best
Her team also took home another 1st Place win! Always nice a at meet you host.

Now we were already on such a high with that amazing AA score but there was something even better in store for her day… At our meet we crown a King/Queen of each session, which is the gymnast with the highest AA regardless of age. We were over the moon when Lilly was called up to be Crowned Queen of her session. The funny thing is that winning the Crown was one of her goals for the meet and I just kind of laughed it off and told her that it was a wonderful goal to have (while thinking… yeah right). I guess she showed me.

Now please do not think less of me because there is NO way I would ever mention the following with in my gym. I strongly believe in being both a graceful winner and/or loser, but I feel like if I cannot share it with my ‘anonymous’ CB friends then who with…? So here goes… Major parental bragging alert!!! In our meet we had over 850 gymnasts from 10 states plus a team from Barbados with 178 of those being Level 4 girls. Out of the 178 level 4 girls, my baby had the #2 All Around score. Wow… I am in such awe of her hard work and determination.

I did get video and pictures so I will be working on a montage. I will let you know once it is posted. If you made it this far, thank you!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats very good! i am SO happy that she decided to repeat level 4 and have a kick butt year! sometimes that is all you need! :) GREAT job Lilly!

That is so great!!!! Congrats to the Queen!!! That was a huge meet!!! She did awesome!!!!Feel free to brag away!!!! You should!!!

I am in awe. Amazing meet! Amazing, amazing, amazing!

You know what? THAT many kids and your dd had the #2 AA??? You should
brag. There is no reason why you shouldn't! That is HUGE! Your kid is outstanding!

Brag away, mamma! And Juju should brag away as well! After all, she is the Queen!! :D

WOW, what incredible accomplishments and such amazing scores! She totally rocked! What a special day for her. So nice to see the rewards for all of that hard work. Can't wait to see the video:)!!

Enjoy that crown, JuJu...you earned it!!!
What an awesome meet. Little JuJu is going to ROCK level 5 next year.
Hope we get to see you at a meet this spring!:)

What a wonderful meet, and enjoy your parental pride, it's a wonderful thing. Plus we all get to share in it with you!

Repeating can be the best thing sometimes.

Way to Go, Lilly!! I'm so happy for you!! Sounds like repeating L4 was a blessing in disguise. It's working out really well for Pixie, too. I know about the mix feelings of repeating especially when they seem ready to move up. But after the two meets so far, Pixie is gaining so much in self confidence! I'm sure it's the same for Lilly, as well.

Isn't it amazing how they keep improving even when you think there isn't much more room to improve but they tweek even the smallest things that make such big impacts!

Keep up the awesome job, Lilly...er.....I mean, Queen Lilly ;):D

Brag away! That is a huge accomplishment for such a young girl. What a huge honor and how cute that it was her goal. It is your home meet, right? How fun to do so well at her home meet. That is awesome. I am sure she is loving all this and it will only help her when she does level 5. Sometimes the coaches know what the right thing to do it. For my girly, it was obvious that repeating L4 was the best decision, but for your girls, even I thought it was weird since they had done so well (Juju and Pixie!), but it looks like it has worked out very well for them, too. :) Can't wait to see the video. DD loves watching Juju. :)

If that is not why your CB friends are here, then what good ate we?

That is just amazing !!!! You and Lilly have every reason to be proud. I cannot wIt to hear about States this year and boy will she rock L5 next year.

I can't wait for the video.

LOL, I can write way more than you...that post was nothing....but I am so glad you did come here to brag! I love hearing all about those momments that make parents proud!! And you should be so proud, what an amazing story, thank you for sharing such accomplishments with us, I feel like a proud mama too. Tell her the CB fan club thinks she did an awesome job and I am sure that story and that meet will be forever in her memory and something she will be telling her kids about! All hail Queen Lilly of the L4's!

WOWOWOW That is amazing! I am so happy that you Shared it with us!!! First, what a remarkable AA score, for all those personal bests..

Then to accomplish her goal and becoming Queen Lilly! ! I can feel the pride in Minnesota! #2 in the whole, entire meet? that is someting to be over the moon for.

Congrats to you and your Queen.. (BTW - What does that make you? Queen Supreme?)

Way to go Lily! What a talented little gymmie you have. Some days I wish I would've pushed to have Olivia stay back in level 4. But, now that she's doing so well in level 6 already, I'm glad we didn't. It was obviously the right decision for you and look how it paid off! Good for her! :)

Way to go, Queen Lily! And, Queen Supreme, you go ahead and brag! We're all proud of your Queen here and love hearing about her accomplishments! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back