Coaches Lesson Plans

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! Does anyone have any good ideas for kindergym (1 hour) or recreational girls gymnastics? Our kinders always do the same thing and it gets really boring! I'd also appreciate hearing about any games or theme days! Thanks!

well i have a good drill for teaching RO just set two mats (one has to be bigger than the other) next to eachother but leave a space. Then have the girls power hurdle from the big one to the little one putting their hands on the edge of the smaller one then RO over it and have them land on the floor with their arms up! i hope you understood that lol:) for games all i can think of is link tag, trench ball, line tag, and freeze tag hope i helped!:)

Do you have any specific themes that you would like skills for? We use a theme every week in our preschool classes so if you are looking for something in particular let me know! For example this last week our theme was "rainbow and colors." We did "rainbow rolls" over the octagon, walked over colored bean bags on the beam, jumped across the colors of a panel met, etc.

We play a shape awareness game with our little ones called the breakfast game. Sausage (lying flat on back arms and legs straight), Toast (like a starfish), Bacon (roll over from sausage to belly), Banana (legs and arms to side bottom on floor), egg (sault position on floor), mushroom (roll over to front from egg) table. We also use some of these shapes on the bars, when they get the hang of it I mix it up and go fast. Kids love this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back