MAG Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
We've always gone to BlackJack, so I'm guessing that will be on the schedule.
Haven't ever done the others, though.
Hopefully a schedule will be announced soon.

Exciting! Can't wait to get our schedule. Our gym has gone to blackjack in the past but not last year which was our first year. Can't wait to see where our big travel meet is this year!

we've been. From what I know, the competition there fluctuates. The year we were there, Ds came in 6th, out of 6, at his level (8). He only did 3 events, and they award aa lol. But I have heard other years it is more competition. Other than that, the venue is nice, and it is well run. It does cost about $25 per person to get in to watch..that was a shock to me. And the awards were in a different location. We did not stay on property...

Thanks for the review! We aren't staying on property either. Even with the rates i get as a disney travel agent it is cheaper at the place our gym has a block at. I figured it would be pricey to watch - everything costs more at Disney :). The registration was high too! But, for little guys I can't imagine a bigger thrill than competing at Mickey's House

We are also going back to Brian Babcock in Allentown PA which was the biggest meet we did last year in terms of tough competition. My then 8-year old completely froze at that one despite being unphased at every other meet we went to. Hopefully this year will go better (but if not, hey, life lessons!).

I am impressed that you guys are already booking travel! I have not even thought about it yet, and many of the meets we are going to do not have their 2018 info up yet!!

Reactions: sce
Most of what we're doing is within a couple of hours (Patti Dunne's, Yellow Jackets, TDNI are what I remember off the top of my head). West Point is also on the list, but since my guy is a level 4, we won't be going to that. And they're doing Disney and we're skipping that.

Most of what we're doing is within a couple of hours (Patti Dunne's, Yellow Jackets, TDNI are what I remember off the top of my head). West Point is also on the list, but since my guy is a level 4, we won't be going to that. And they're doing Disney and we're skipping that.

We will be at two of the meets you mentioned! :)

I heard a rumor that half our team is going to BlackJack (optionals) and the other half to Presidential (compulsories), but I am not sure I believe it. Hoping we get a schedule, even if it's only tentative, this week!

We will also be at two of those meets mentioned in MA I believe. Our meet schedule isn't finalized yet. No long distance travel plans for us though ☺️this year, that gets saved for the higher level kids who make it to Nationals.

Has anyone ever done Ozone? It's on our list, but TN isn't really close...
We did it last year. It was a great meet. Not going back this year (thank goodness because long drive) but it was well ororganized and the kids enjoyed themselves.

I am impressed that you guys are already booking travel! I have not even thought about it yet, and many of the meets we are going to do not have their 2018 info up yet!!

The schedule won't be posted until January but flights will be way too high if we wait until then so we are just planning to stay for the duration of the meet so that it won't matter which day they compete :)

That is what we usually do as well. I just don't even think about booking until like November :) YOu guys are on top of things...

I've booked hotels, but not flights. Will do that closer to travel time and hope we can get a good rate.

Have you all ever done one of those alert things on Orbitz? Thinking about doing that if we end up with a trip to Vegas on the agenda.

I have done that, but have still found better deals on Southwest or Frontier.

Southwest is great bc you can change without penalty at any time. We use their Visa to get bonus points and use those for flights. We have flown an average of 3-4 times per year (sometimes 4-5 of us, sometime 2) and we haven't paid for a flight since at least 2012!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back