Parents new rip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey i have a rip and my coach said to put it in salt water but does that really work . and can you use chapstick on a rip and put a band aid on it or leave it open .

No clue about saltwater-although its probably for disinfecting so it can't hurt.
Don't put chapstick on your rip though! That could spread bacteria.

From experience tea bags and vitamin E both work good. I'm sure there are already many, many threads on this you could look at if you want more info.

Salt water on an open wound will HURT. I've heard about tea bags, from other gymnasts and coaches. I don't have much personal experience with rips, as DD has only had one so far. For that, we used a hydrocolloid bandage (can get these at a grocery or drug store) and rest. It healed up in a couple of days.

Can you elaborate on the salt water tip? Hadn't heard that one before this thread. I'm thinking of the ouchie factor, LOL.

I always just leave it to dry out and if my daughters is doing something dirty then I tell them to tape it.

The salt water thing works though cause in the summmer Iwe went to the beach fir a weekend after my dauters riped and it healled really fast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back