Parents Quilt with leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
I have always liked the idea of having a quilt made for each of my kids, that includes their special baby clothes, t-shirts, leos (for the gymnast), etc. I was looking at etsy and some sites of people who make these and one of the sites specifically said they won't work with leos. Have any of you found a resource that could make a quilt that includes leos, among other things? Or know whether or not this is doable? I will definitely be outsourcing this project, and would love some referrals. TIA!

I’ve made quilts as a hobby and leotards, I’ve never attempted to make a quilt from leotards as I think the stretchy nature of leotards would make it very tricky and the shape of the quilt would get distorted, hence why some specify that they won’t work with leotards. Sorry that’s probably not the answer you were looking for.

I don’t sew so this idea may be way off. I am wondering if a leotard material could be sewn onto a typical quilt square fabric- sort of like a patch or appliqué- and then use that fabric in a quilt? Seems like if it were bonded to regular non-stretchy fabric it might help?

Use medium-weight fusible interfacing. Cut out a square of leo fabric, and iron on a square of the interfacing. That way, it won't stretch. I do all of my sewing at home, though, so I don't know any companies to recommend. But it's certainly possible to do!

I don’t sew so this idea may be way off. I am wondering if a leotard material could be sewn onto a typical quilt square fabric- sort of like a patch or appliqué- and then use that fabric in a quilt? Seems like if it were bonded to regular non-stretchy fabric it might help?
. Yes, you would want to sew the leo onto another fabric first, otherwise, it will be a nightmare to work with.

Glad to hear the answers to this! I would like to have one made for my DD when she either "retires" or goes away to college, whichever comes first.

Another option would be to take a high quality picture of the leotard or part of it and have it printed on fabric that can be quilted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back