MAG senior project?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Hey I'm A senior in High School, and with the project we have to do a 8-10 page research paper, a product or service and a presentation. I chose to do my project on Gymnastics, My product is to record a video of me demonstrating proper techniques I have learned. I need help on what skills to put in my video to show that I can properly execute the skills. My video can only be 1 minute I believe or I can take pictures.

What is your paper on specifically? Gymnastics is a very broad topic. Make your video relevant to your paper. You could demonstrate a key skill on each event. ROBHSBT on floor, Giants, BHS layout on beam and a FHS vault. Another option would be skill progressions like, Round off, Round off BHS, RO BHS back tuck, RO BHS layout.

Its on the two artistic gymnastics Men and womens, the code of points and how it changes after every olympic cycle, and the mindset it takes to succeed in the sport. I was thinking about talking about the events but I dont want to go over board.

For an 8-10 page paper that has to have some analysis on the topic you suggest, I think you could do very nicely by focusing on floor. Right now, your thesis is a bit broad for a paper that short (yes, 10 pages IS a short paper)! You could look at how gymnastics has changed as the code has changed, privileging increasingly difficult tumbling moves. Within the gym community, there's a longstanding debate on both the men's and women's side about artistry and its role. You can find some excellent posts on the subject and on the history of code changes at the blog Uncle Tim Talks Men's Gym, but if you use Uncle Tim, please cite him in your paper and include him in your bibliography. :)

If you go with floor, you can then do a video demonstrating some cool floor skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back