Sticky Buns?? Tape?? Regular Glue?? WEDGIES!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Alright I had a meet yesterday and it was the first meet with our new leotards.
They look great but are SUPER highcut!! (GK Brand) and they give wedgies beyond belief!!!
It got to a point that in the middle of my floor routine I was pretty positive my butt was showing which may be cute on a 7 year old but not a teenager!! And it got to the point that even though we are always told not to pick our wedgies, you get a deduction, I just HAD to!!! It was awful. It just rode up THE WHOLE MEET!

So I've heard several different things to try.
Hair Spray, Butt Glue, Sticky Buns from Ten-0, Double Sided Tape, Fashion Tape.

What have you tried?? What has REALLY worked?! I don't think hairspray will be strong enough.
And where did you buy/how much did it cost?

But it makes me not want to compete the next meet because of the leo, so I'd love any suggestions!!

TOUPEE TAPE!!!! My DD has tried all of the other sprays, glue sticks, etc. The only thing that works is toupee tape. Can be purchased from Sallyl's beauty supply, or any other beauty supply store.

Our HS leos are GK this year and we have the same problem! I've used a glue stick on my butt, and as strange at that seems it really worked. Also during floor routines with a particularly bad wedgie, I've seem some pretty creative ways to pull it down! If you have any dance with a hand on your hip, it's a great time to inconspicuously fix it! LOL.

Nothing useful to contribute, but I saw something I have never seen in gymnastics at my DD's last meet. A girl from another team was warming up her bars routine. She did her low bar bit, squatted on successfully, stood up, PICKED A WEDGIE, and then jumped to the high bar. Must have been some wedgie!

What would be the deduction for doing that during your bars routine?? LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back