Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laurameer

What do you use to wrap the hands when you have a rip? DD says the open skin stings, but bandaids won't stick. They use a prewrap and tape them at the gym, but I don't know where to get it or what it's called. I tried gauze and first aid tape, but it's not working too well. I don't want them to get dirty/infected at school etc...

H

hammy

You can pick up athletic tape and prewrap at pretty much any athletic or pharmacy store. You can also order cases of both from sports companies such as Ten-O.

Kayleigh

Oct 6, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, I always like to use the boiling hot teabag trick on it before I do anything, if it's possible. But after that, I usually put a circle bandaid on the rip itself and then use athletic tape and wrap it around my hand. :)

L

laurameer

Thanks. I found some stuff at Target. They don't call it prewrap, it's a stick to itself type strip - kind of cloth looking. I guess last time I looked I was in the wrong aisle. Hopefully it will be right.

gym law mom

Proud Parent
Dec 23, 2006
I've always been able to buy pre-wrap at the gym. Don't buy the tape there because you can get it cheaper at Wal Mart etc.

Kayleigh

Oct 6, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
^Yep. I always get it at Dick's Sporting Goods, because it's the same price as it is at the gym, but you can get it in awesome colors. I use my hot pink tape all the time. :D

Ltlewonder

Feb 15, 2007
Thomasville, NC
I use spray on liquid bandaid stuff that seals out the dirt it stings a little at first but it really works

My DD has grown fond of the spray-on bandaid stuff too. Even when she doesn't HAVE a rip, we use it everytime she works out as a preventative. And she says that once it gets good and dry, she doesn't even know it's there.

She has not had a rip since we started using it.

B

BlairBob

Guess I know what I'm getting at K-mart tomorrow. My prodigy got his kip tuesday but kept going at it and ripped a nice dollar sized piece.

Thanks, I've heard good things about the tea tree oil.

Usaegprincess

Dec 7, 2007
as eveyonelse has already mentioned, pre-wrap + tape just about the best thing you can do. i have also put vaseline on the rip and a taped a small piece of baloon on top, so it doesnt create friction- just slides around a little bit. it kind of depends where the rip is, but maybe you could try either of those.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.