Tumbling Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

paige076

Gymnast
So I have a decent roundoff backhandspring. The problem is that I land on my toes out of the roundoff and the backhandspring. This could cause ankle injuries so I try very hard to land on flat feet. However, when I try to do that, my backhandspring undercuts and my knees bend. This also happens when I try to connect my roundoff backhandspring to more backhandsprings or tucks. So my question is, how can I learn to land on flat feet when tumbling with good from?

Do a lot of Roundoff/handstand snapdowns on their own. Standing bhs with takeoff from flat feet (best done on a trampoline).

Roundoff (proper) pause, bhs (proper). Make the pause smaller and smaller.

What does your coach say? His or her opinion is way more important than mine

Do a lot of Roundoff/handstand snapdowns on their own. Standing bhs with takeoff from flat feet (best done on a trampoline).

Roundoff (proper) pause, bhs (proper). Make the pause smaller and smaller.

What does your coach say? His or her opinion is way more important than mine

Thanks so much for the advice. My coach likes my tumbling and thinks I can move on if I would learn to land with my feet flat. She’s just worried about me injuring my ankles. Once again, thanks for the drills.

Thanks so much for the advice. My coach likes my tumbling and thinks I can move on if I would learn to land with my feet flat. She’s just worried about me injuring my ankles. Once again, thanks for the drills.
That's not what I mean. What drills has your coach given you to correct the problem/what advice has she given to help with the problem?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back