WAG US National Team assigned for Italy......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippingtogether

Proud Parent
So the US women's team for Jelolo, Italy sure is strong - with three '12 Olympians! (Aly, Gabby, Kyla)
Plus the seemingly unstopable Simone, plus one of my personal favorites, Nora Flatley.....plus plus PLUS! Many, many other super talents are on this list. Seniors and juniors alike are all amazing.

With '16 just around the corner, I am wondering how many Olympic veterans will make the team, and how many newbies will have a shot. It sure seems like it will be a huge feat in itself just to make the US team.

Here is the list: https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=15644&prog=h

Well I can't reply to the other one so feel free to keep it up. :p At this rate I feel like there should be competitions where the US isn't allowed to attend just to give the other countries a chance. I thought this would be a small meet.... Until you bring all your best people and former Olympians.

The US always brings a pretty big delegation to Jesolo, at least they have for the past several years anyway. It is considered the "opening" meet of Elite season for our Elites/National Team members. It is a relatively small international meet, but the US generally comes with a large team.

There are many more meets on the circuit that we don't go to though -- generally just this one, Pac Rims, PanAms (if it is a year for that) and Worlds. A lot of other countries have their Elites compete a lot more often internationally than we do. We also host American Cup, but that's only 2 gymnasts so much smaller scale. I'm excited to see such a big team compete!

I wish we would send lower ranked national team members to other international meets. Elites compete in very few meets a year, far less than level 10 s.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back