Parents Watching a meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
My son was talking with girls from the gym and they were showing him the medals they had recently one. He understands he has to wait to earn his own but had asked me if we could go watch a meet. My question is this.... are boys meets separate from girls? I have no problem taking him to one (at least for a little while) but was hoping to take him to something he can relate to.

Yes. Boys are usually separate from the girls. I would see where the boys at your gym compete and take him to one of those. I would try to do a level 4 meet. Our rec coaches always recommend a L4 meet, or a L9/10 meet. Both woudl be fun.

Reactions: sce
At least in our area, it depends on the meet. Some have both boys and girls competing, others have been girls only. Maybe ask the boys team coach at your gym which meets they are attending, and pick from the list?? When my DD was in pre-team we went to a very large, local meet to see the Level 10/Elite session, but also stopped by to watch Level 4s competing at the same time -- DD had a great time.

She's right. There are meets with both. Here they are rare, adn if they are in the same meet, they are in different areas or different times.

but asking the coach is the best way to go!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back