weird ad and/or warnings show up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sce

Proud Parent
FYI - Every so often when I am viewing CB an odd page shows up telling me I need to update the software. I always click back, or close CB altogether as I will not click OK or anything else on any of these pages that show up. It only happens when using CB.

Huh. I saw the same thing about updating a browser on MSO a few days ago. I think some script kiddie is messing with gymnastics sites. Don't ever download and open an executable file from an untrusted source, folks!

Reactions: sce
Is anyone else getting this error / virus?

Could someone please screenshot it or take a picture of it for me?

Hmmm... it happens randomly. I haven't been able to trigger it since my first comment. Let's say I go to one of the forums and open the threads with new responses in different tabs. When I click on one of the tabs, the page sometimes suddenly jumps to the software updater site.

Reactions: sce
I get a few different things. I went and followed the instructions from the link above. I used their Mac instructions as I have a Mac. The programs found NOTHING on my machine. This only happens to me on Chalk Bucket. Oftentimes I am just reading a forum when it redirects me. Sometimes it is softwareupdaterlp, but not always. It only happens when I am on Chalk Bucket.

Today it was the attached screen shot. I was in a social forum at the time.

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 1.47.50 PM.png

Is anyone else experiencing issues like this?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back