Parents Weird Mert Hair Emergency!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xcelmomsilver

Proud Parent
My DD has puffy, short, kinky hair. It doesn't stay flat or lie down and I don't let her use gel. We have a meet in a few days and I'm freaking out. It's hard to find meet hairstyles for her hair texture as African Americans! I'm thinking cornrows I'm not sure. Please help ASAP!!! PS. She doesn't want a bun because her tumbling pass is a round off backward roll! Please help me!!

I think braids ending at the crown of the head and gathered into a small braid pony (if it's short this should work out and looks super cute...although you may need a pro to do it depending on your braid skills). Or just divide it into little sections with rubber bands while it's wet in the "spiderweb" style and then pull it into a puff. That should be enough to keep textured hair in place but if you have some stray hairs maybe try a smoothing product like hair milk? Not sure if you already have tried. I understand not wanting to use gel in this case, but there may be some other products that would help.

A little girl on my DD's team had the CUTEST hairstyle recently. It was cornrows, all starting at the hairline and coming in and then they all came together into an adorable bun, you could do an off center bun so that it doesn't mess with her back roll. I wish I had a pic to show you, hopefully you can imagine what I'm saying...

A little girl on my DD's team had the CUTEST hairstyle recently. It was cornrows, all starting at the hairline and coming in and then they all came together into an adorable bun, you could do an off center bun so that it doesn't mess with her back roll. I wish I had a pic to show you, hopefully you can imagine what I'm saying...

I think this what I'm thinking of too. Adorable and looks great for older girls too. If the hair is short by the time the braid is finished off the resulting braids should just make a small pony or bun.

My daughter has done the braid into a puff in the past. This year she wants to do a braid into a ponytail and it has worked for her in practice. You may also want to consider using gel. We use the Olive oil eco gel. It's light and doesn't flake. The key to using gel is to do it when the hair is detangled and wet it a little with a spritz bottle. With that method it stayed in place the entire meet.

5a6958cd3d2e1e2e605a1c53edc44881.jpg

This is what I'm thinking her hair is shorter than this girl pictured.

This is how my DD hair is braided. Extra hair was added so it could last longer.

Attachments

• IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    928.1 KB · Views: 195
That's what I'm picturing except the resulting ponytail is usually a lot shorter. You can also do it off center.

Reactions: sce
That's what I'm picturing except the resulting ponytail is usually a lot shorter. You can also do it off center.

Totally DD's hair is like 3 or 4 inches shorter than that girl pictured. I'm definitely going to do that style and then curl the ends

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back