WAG World Gymnastics Championships Montreal 2017

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tlynn

Proud Parent
The World Artistic Championships will be in Montreal next year and we are considering making a family vacation out of it. After watching the Olympics, the kids and I would be most excited to see the stars from Rio. Which gymnasts do you think will retire or sit out next year's worlds? I am particularily interested in the U.S. Womens Team and Ellie Black from the Canadian team.

I wouldn't expect any of the US Olympians to be at next year's worlds, except maybe Laurie Hernandez. I think most of them will take time off for the tour/publicity, etc....Madison Kocian is going to do NCAA gym so won't be competing elite. Therefore, I would expect to see maybe Ashton Locklear, Ragan Smith, Norah Flatley, Bailie Key, and maybe some new seniors.

I wouldn't expect any of the US Olympians to be at next year's worlds, except maybe Laurie Hernandez. I think most of them will take time off for the tour/publicity, etc....Madison Kocian is going to do NCAA gym so won't be competing elite. Therefore, I would expect to see maybe Ashton Locklear, Ragan Smith, Norah Flatley, Bailie Key, and maybe some new seniors.
Thanks so much !

Hard to know who will be there, but most likely new up and coming seniors. I will be there for sure, just not competing!!

I would also expect Ellie to take some time off too.

Thanks! I kinda suspected that Ellie might not be there, but I am sure there will be a lot of talent there regardless

I hadn't thought about it until now - but that will be exciting to see what US gymnasts are at Worlds in a year! There are the talented girls who had injuries leading up to the Olympics as mentioned (Bailie, Norah, Jazmyn), plus all the other very talented ladies at Olympics trials.... Plus perhaps rising seniors??

It will be fun to see!!!

I would love to take my family to that. Can't commit until I figure out whether my daughter will be competing in the fall next year.

@bogwoppit any recommendations for hotels close to a metro station that goes to Olympic Stadium? Not a long drive for me, but I'm not a fan of Montreal driving. Would prefer to park at the hotel an take the subway.

Just bought tickets for a bunch of us as well. Can't wait.... I think we will probably train it down.
Hotel suggestions near venue Bog?
So excited...

Do not stay near the venue, there is one hotel there and nothing else. Stay downtown near any metro station. The system is safe and clean Tons to do downtown and only 15 minutes to the Olympic stadium.

Is there a subway to Olympic stadium from downtown?

Do not stay near the venue, there is one hotel there and nothing else. Stay downtown near any metro station. The system is safe and clean Tons to do downtown and only 15 minutes to the Olympic stadium.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back