WAG Wrist exercises to prevent growth plate injuries?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my4buffaloes

Proud Parent
My dd is having some minor wrist pain and after watching others go through growth plate fractures and inflammation in their wrists I would like to prevent my dd's pain from getting worse. Are there any exercises that can strengthen the wrist to prevent this type of injury?

My dd is going to PT for that right now. I'll see if I can scan the exercises she does. It's not specifically to prevent gymnast wrist but strengthening the wrist and arm in general.

Reactions: COz
Maybe try the rice bucket exercises? Just google rice bucket, it's aimed at strengthening the lower arm. Plus looks fun for the kids.

I went through this with one of my gymnasts (she had inflamed growth plates in both of her wrists) so I did a lot of research on prehab/rehab techniques and strategies. After she rested for the prescribed amount of time suggested by the doctor, I had her begin working on a number of rice bucket exercises and I definitely think they have helped. This is a great video that helped me a lot that someone shared with me in a past thread. I hope it helps you!

Interesting! DD seems to have either weak wrists/elbows or some issue with her technique as she is currently recovering from the third or fourth time spraining her wrists/wrist extenders. I will check these out!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back