Parents 2 more weeks .......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Committed

Proud Parent
Reaction score
its been 2 weeks, and we have to wait 2 more weeks to get the cast off. Its funny, with almost all activity stopped, DD has gotten much more into academics :)
She is absolutely brilliant to begin with, but she is now pestering me for learning activities. We've done surface tension experiments, lots of multiplication, learning cursive, read 2 Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, and had an intense conversation about the Earth being tilted and how it effects seasons around the world (and a bit about planetary orbits).
Shes in kindergarten.

Is she going crazy with less physical activity? That is my biggest worry for when my child gets injured.....how do you keep them still when that's what they need?

But that's awesome about her blossoming scientific and other academic endeavours. So many schools are giving up on teaching cursive so good for teaching her that skill!

She isn't necessarily still; she has tons of mobility with her cast. However, she can't do any real, heart pumping activities. I'm constantly telling her to stop running!!! She is definitely a high energy kid. She doesn't just watch tv, she stretches or does calesthenics at the same time. Even putting on seat belts is a race! The darn girl won her division in the school jogathon because she loves running, and actually runs around our street.

needless to say, she needs to have constant stimulation: body &/or mind. It's exhausting! But, I'm actually glad that she got a small forced break just to give her a little down time, whether she thinks she needed it or not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back