WAG 2017 US Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks Bog, nice to hear from you. Hope your having a fantastic summer.

I think only juniors will be live streamed. The Olympic channel, US version, is showing seniors and the 5 juniors that were bumped up.

Yes you are probably right. Fingers crossed it will be. Love this meet.
I think it will be streamed through the USA Gymnastics YouTube page.

Crazy busy, leaving for down east this weekend, so will be hoping for quick hits for classics.

No streaming for hopes.
Thanks! I'm going to be on a plane, with wifi, and planned to try really hard to find Hopes streaming. Now I can be satisfied with live scoring :)0

Thanks! I'm going to be on a plane, with wifi, and planned to try really hard to find Hopes streaming. Now I can be satisfied with live scoring :)0

Well they could change their mind of course and put it on YT, but as of yesterday there was nothing anywhere.

No streaming for hopes.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding by the person who posted this, but Everest (who is sending girls to HOPES, jr and sr divisions) shared this on their Facebook yesterday:

The HOPES Championships features some of the top, young, aspiring gymnasts in the country. You can watch the HOPES Championships via a live webcast at http://www.usagymclassic.com/live.

You can watch the junior division of the US Classic via a live webcast at http://www.usagymclassic.com/live.

The Olympic Channel is televising the senior competition live, and the webcast may be viewed on mobile devices via olympicchannel.com.​

Hopes and Juniors will be streamed only in the US, so our Canadian and other international friends are unfortunately shut out.

Reactions: sce
Perhaps there was a misunderstanding by the person who posted this, but Everest (who is sending girls to HOPES, jr and sr divisions) shared this on their Facebook yesterday:

The HOPES Championships features some of the top, young, aspiring gymnasts in the country. You can watch the HOPES Championships via a live webcast at http://www.usagymclassic.com/live.

You can watch the junior division of the US Classic via a live webcast at http://www.usagymclassic.com/live.

The Olympic Channel is televising the senior competition live, and the webcast may be viewed on mobile devices via olympicchannel.com.​

Thanks for that, definitely worth checking.

We just saw that someone from DD's old gym just got added to the roster yesterday, so exciting!

I took the advice given here and printed the schedule out so I can follow along.

Can't. Stinkin. Wait.

I'm so glad the senior international feed will be on YouTube! We don't have cable, so I signed up for a free trial of CenturyLink Stream and as of today it is no longer listed as a partner with the Olympic Channel! Of course the day I wanted to watch! So frustrating trying to watch sports without cable.

I am bumping this back up to ask if anyone knows the deal with Sienna Robinson? My daughter loves to watch her....and all of a sudden she is with Browns, not Salcianu. It sounds like this change happened a few months ago. Anyone in the know on that one? I thought she started her gym career with Salcianu; we know she qualified jr elite with them. Wondering why the change.

Sorry to point out the obvious, but that's sort of how Elite gyms work. If you're not in the Elite program (or even if you are, but not yet competing), you need to understand that the focus will be pulled at certain times of the year, pushing for the Elites to make the best showing possible. When there is more than one gymnast that needs that focus, it can be a double edged sword -- good to have training partners, but also can be hard to give everyone what they need. Elites have so few opportunities to compete, they really want to make the best of it. If they're really successful, you will endure periods of time with one or more coaches being gone. Often.

It is hard for everyone else in the gym to accommodate the gap and you really do have to work together (gymnasts/coaches/parents) to make it work. Groups may change, practice times may be altered, availability of certain coaching may be delayed, etc. It often isn't easy, but it is always fun to see your teammates on the big stage, so it's a trade off. One that's hard to understand until you've been there.

Often I don't think the gyms themselves understand how disruptive it can be to the whole program to have an elite. And once you are in it, you are in it big style, and the whole program is needed to support an elite so definitely a double edged sword. From the outside looking in , it can look amazing and inspiring to have an elite, and it is, but from the inside it can be divisive, financially and emotionally draining and leave successful JO gymnasts left out in the cold. It takes a lot of organisation and commitment to ensure that all gymnasts are catered for.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back