2nd Leve 5 meet... up in every event!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
So proud of my DD today! And actually, I'm most proud of her lowest score. Her 1st level 5 meet was 3 weeks ago.

Beam: last meet 8.15, this meet 8.6 (she CAN stick that cartwheel... she makes it look easy in practice! She could be up in the 9s if she could just get it in competition!)

Floor: last meet 8.3, this meet 8.85 (2nd place!)

Vault: last meet needed a "push" and scored 4.85, this meet, no push, 7.2

Bars: last meet she "scratched," this meet she made BOTH kips plus caught the high bar (missed the squat on), 6.2. She only got her long-hang kip this week! And, believe it or not, she placed with that score (7th or 8th, I think... they went out 8 places). So either it was a bad night for bars or the judge was scoring low (or both).

She was 6th AA.

I'm a super-proud mama!:) I am more excited than I can even tell you about those stupid kips. I was just about convinced that she would NEVER get them!!! (though, of course, I would never have told her that!)

Congrats! sounds like she has made great improvements in scores since the last meet! I bet that boosted her confidence. Great job on getting that long hang kip!

That is brilliant. My dd takes ages to get skills too. It is lovely to see them do them in the end. Well done

Sounds like she did great! When I was a level 5, a girl on my team made both of her kips for the first time in her routine at our second meet; she was probably as happy as your dd was to be competing bars!

Congrats to her! always so glad to hear happy meet results!! How many more does she have?

5 more meets. This was a "YMCA League" meet, not USAG... good thing because she got a 30.95 AA and it would have been awfully frustrating if she had missed qualifying for sectionals by .05! She has another league meet in Dec., 2 USAG meets in Jan, and one of each in February. Hopefully 2 months will be more than enough time for her to find that missing .5 points in time for her next USAG meet!

That's awesome!! Congratulations in particular on making both kips! She will start making big improvements and I bet she is scoring really well by the time January gets here.

:)Gotta love all those improvements! Good for her...I bet she just keeps getting better and better! She'll have that qualifying score next time when she sticks her cartwheel!:)

That is great!! Nice improvements! And how exciting for her to make her kips in a meet!! Woohoo!! I am sure she will improve over the next few months!

Wow! Great improvements!! Looks like she is on a roll :). Congrats on making the two kips--that is a very tricky skill. Great job!!!

That is what it is all about. Not so much the scores, but are there improvements to celebrate, which there were many it sounds like. Great job to your daughter!

Jennifer

Wow, sounds like she really made an markable improvement. And congrats on those dreaded kips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back