WAG 3 of my good friends have abs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pual76745

Gymnast
Reaction score
So I have 3 friends all female aged 15 that do Artistic gymnastics and they all have abs. The one with the most defined abs have been doing it for 9 years the other around 5 and 7 years. I don’t know much but it gets me curious how do gymnasts get abs so easily and is it common among other female gymnast?

It really depends on what core conditioning they do in (and also out of the gym) and how many years they have competed. Abs are more common in higher level gymnasts, because of how long they have trained, and the difficulty of conditioning they need to keep their strength up.

It also depends on genetics, certain body types are more prone to visible abdominal muscles than others. It’s much more important to focus on what your body can do rather than how it looks.
I was going to mention genetics. And I 100% prefer to focus on what a body can do than on looks.
Our gym tops out at 7.5 hours a week for team. The max open gym we ever did in a week was 3 hours, and we didn't even start doing that until OG was 8 and YG was 5. My OG had visible abs from 5-10 years old. Her little sister (who was doing tuck-ups for fun in my doorway at 18 months old) had visible abs from 4-8 years old.

Adding on to my question would their abs be harder to maintain as they get older? Or how does it work? My friends all can’t have perfect genetics lol

It really depends on what core conditioning they do in (and also out of the gym) and how many years they have competed. Abs are more common in higher level gymnasts, because of how long they have trained, and the difficulty of conditioning they need to keep their strength up.
So abs are more common in higher levels? If you don’t mind me asking do you have abs? And if so what level are you and how defined are they?

So abs are more common in higher levels? If you don’t mind me asking do you have abs? And if so what level are you and how defined are they?
No, I dont. I am an xcel platinum and have been competiting for 8 years (this will be my first year in platinum). So as said before, genetics are definetly also a big factor.

No, I dont. I am an xcel platinum and have been competiting for 8 years (this will be my first year in platinum). So as said before, genetics are definetly also a big factor.
Oh i see ig my 3 friends are just lucky. how does xcel work and what are the stages of it.

Oh i see ig my 3 friends are just lucky. how does xcel work and what are the stages of it.
Xcel Platinum is around level 6 in DP. Xcel is another program with USAG, which has fewer levels, but does not have as much difficulty used in higher levels.

There are 6 levels:
Bronze (levels 1-2)
Silver, (level 3)
Gold (levels 4-5)
Platinum (level 6)
Diamond (level 7-8)
Sapphire(9-10, not as common since it was only introduced in 2023).

For most gyms, xcel is offered for people who don't want to commit as much to gymnastics, and have time for other activites. Xcel at some gyms can also have less stress on gymnasts because it is not taken as serious as DP (by serious I mean about going to college, elite, worlds, olympics, etc.)

Combination of muscle mass (which is influenced by training, age, and genetics) how much fat your body stores (which is influenced by training, age, genetics, and diet), and where it stores that fat (which is mostly genetic, but can change with age).

But while I'm at it....

If you don’t mind me asking do you have abs? And if so what level are you and how defined are they?

I mind you asking.

Asking general questions about the effect gymnastics has on the body is fine; asking specific members about their bodies like this is not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

The Magana Club

Back