38's aplenty!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just a quick brag on my daughter's team. Of the five 38 AA scores posted at our Level 3 state meet, all five came from our little six-member team!!! This is the first year our gym competed in Level 3 and the girls took first in team at three of the four meets before state and second in the other meet. Our state doesn't do team awards for Level 3, but if they did, they would have taken first.

I love that my daughter was as proud of her team as she was of any of her individual achievements. I've heard that that largely goes away as girls move up, so we're trying to enjoy the team spirit while it lasts.

AGM, more than you know!!! My daughter's best all around before her 38.3 this weekend was a 36.2. Her first meet she scratched on bars due to an injury. Her second meet, she had a rough bars routine. Third meet she stumbled on vault (her best event). She fell off of the beam at her fourth meet. She just never seemed to be able to put four solid routines together. At state, the stars aligned and she had PB in floor, bar and vault. I have to admit I loved seeing that it was her biggest meet of the season where she put it together. Even more gratifying was that her main little rival from another gym had PB on everything. I loved seeing them both at their best on their biggest stage after a season of back and forth competition.

I love that my daughter was as proud of her team as she was of any of her individual achievements. I've heard that that largely goes away as girls move up, so we're trying to enjoy the team spirit while it lasts.

I think you will find as you read more from the more experienced parents of gymnasts in the higher levels that the team spirit only gets stronger. The girls who reach levels 9 and 10 have fought and struggled and battled to get there and they do it together as a team. They battle fear, injury, growth, puberty, exhaustion, school work, coach issues, family commitment, cost and finance and a million other things. And don't forget if you are in the gym 20+ hours a week it becomes your everything, your family, your friends, your sisters, your life. I'm sure those parents will reassure you that you have much team spirit to look forwards to as your dd joins the long and winding path towards those upper levels.

I think you will find as you read more from the more experienced parents of gymnasts in the higher levels that the team spirit only gets stronger.

That is very true. There is a gym about 80 miles from our gym, who seems to really emphasize the "college atomosphere". From level 4 to level 10, they are all cheering for all their teammates throughout the meet. While on floor, the teammates stand along the side of the floor cheering and doing the dance moves of their teammate competing, just like they do in college. If they fall, it doesn't bother them, they keep on cheering, maybe even a little louder to encourage their teammate. We see them at lots of meets and the team spirit is always the same with them. I really admire that team for making it part of their program

That is very true. There is a gym about 80 miles from our gym, who seems to really emphasize the "college atomosphere". From level 4 to level 10, they are all cheering for all their teammates throughout the meet. While on floor, the teammates stand along the side of the floor cheering and doing the dance moves of their teammate competing, just like they do in college. If they fall, it doesn't bother them, they keep on cheering, maybe even a little louder to encourage their teammate. We see them at lots of meets and the team spirit is always the same with them. I really admire that team for making it part of their program

If you were not on the opposite coast, I would have thought you were referring to my DD's team! This is exactly what they do! Love it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back