Parents 5 year old boy advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NaisJones

Proud Parent
Hi my Son has been attending a local Amateur Gymnastic club as he has been pestering me for ages he has been going for 12 weeks now, His coach pulled me up and said he has talent, he is very good and needs to be in a boys club, He is going for a trial tomorrow to a Bigger club to see where he is at, He does the basics and badges 6 . but his coach said she can see his potential and determination and just wondering what he will be doing in this trial and is he too young for competitive Gymnastics? He absolutely loves it he does 2 hours a week and would do everyday if he could.
Any advice

5 is young, but boys can start competing level 4 at age 6, so not too young to do a little bit more than 2 hours a week. However, I agree with NY Dad, at that age, it's always good to keep them wanting more. If it becomes too much work too soon, they burn out and leave the sport before they can realize their full potential. At my ds's gym, the developmental class (they are all 4-6 yr olds) go two days, two hours a week. Good luck at the new trial!

Thank you, Yeah his coach say's she has never seen anything like him he's so flexible. He is always practicing at home though constantly. He isn't doing back flips or anything they just said they could see his talent :)

good boys clubs are a lot harder to find.

I was told with my son that the telling age was 13/14, up til then it was great but if they hang in after that they are in for the long haul.

With the rise in mens gym in the UK the chances for boys have really improved. Hope he enjoys the new club.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back