Parents A little disappointed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
We parents get disappointed about lots of things. I can understand when you see skills that she has acquired that are used in the next level that you might wonder why she doesn't get to go to the next level. It may be that they are not competition ready, she is not ready to combine them in a routine, she has some but not all of the required skills for the next level, or the coaches feel she needs the competition experience at 4 first .5 can be a difficult level to score well in. That could be discouraging to a child who "just barely" has the skills. I would trust the coach that they are doing the best thing. They want to show off mighty mites at competition. 8 year old level 5s look good for the gym. But a strong, good scoring 8 year old level 4 is something for the gym to be proud of too. There aren't that many of them when you go to competitions.

It's okay to be disappointed. The important thing is to keep it to yourself so you DD doesn't doubt the coaches. It is fun to stand on the podium when you are 8. She has plenty of time to progress.
Thanks so much for your perspective. I appreciate the feedback. The only difference from what you said is her skill set is really good. I guess I'm just anxious to see her compete them. But I do keep my feelings to myself. She doesn't know anything about it. That's why I post on here..lol..

Here we have a lot of summertime "score out" meets that are only for the purposes of scoring out. Mine scored out of 5 this summer at one. It was bizarre! LOL They wore regular practice leos, regular training was going on inside the gym, parents had to watch from outside in lobby, no judges tables the judges just walked around from event to event, no awards, no medals, etc. LOL But hey it accomplished the goal of getting 5 out of the way so she could start focusing all of her attention on lvl 6 routines. A couple on her team that weren't quite ready this summer will be scoring out at judges cup this coming weekend.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back