A new this week I accomplished.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pretty proud of myself this week. I've been meaning to get back into some tumbling and I've found time twice this week. Nothing too crazy. Did a ROBHS today. I probably could have done a tuck out of it, but I figured I'd wait until next time (and possibly a light spot) for that. It's been over a year since I last did any kind of tumbling, so I was happy with it. Also played on beam. Made 10 full turns in a row, and all of my dance passes, which I haven't tried in at least 2 years.

My week's been good so far. My back handsprings are getting better on TT. I only got one set spotted on Monday and none yesterday. The majority are landed on my feet so that's an improvement. I had a different coach yesterday that gave me some new pointers. I just need to do about a million more and then I think they'll be fine. ;)

We did beam for the 2nd time ever on Monday and it was super fun. I attempted some baby handstands and didn't kill myself so that was pretty exciting. Hopefully we'll start doing it more often.

I started learning front handsprings for the first time today and I was trying some on my own at the end of class and actually landed the last couple I did going off the tumble track onto a resi!! So excited!!

I love fhs! I'm totally a front tumbler. I started doing front lay outs (Sorry if I posted that already). Working on connecting my front bounder to maybe a front tuck or another front bounder. I did a lot of beam today and did a solid run through of my floor routine, and its ready at the moment. I have silly things I need to be aware of, such as extra steps and bounces. And I need to connect my jump series. Hopefully tomorrow. Will go well!

MLJ, that's so cool about learning your front handsprings! One day I hope to learn those. Nicci, what is a bounder? I haven't heard that term before.

Worked on front handsprings again last night off the end of the tumble track and I landed every single one! My coach wants me to try them just on the tumble track, but since that's where I got hurt I have weird fear issues on there (I'm fine as long as my feet don't land on the tumble track). I have a crazy ankle brace for my right ankle (the one I hurt), and I'm totally confident that I won't reinjure that ankle, but now I'm kind of considering getting something for my left ankle too. I had so many problems with sprained ankles when I was dancing and I know I would be so much more confident in gymnastics if I felt like both my ankles were protected.

I've finally got my round-off connected to flic-flac off the end of the tumble track. Coach is still spotting me, but he says he wasn't doing very much this time and I'm nearly ready to try them on my own! It is gradually starting to feel more 'familiar' to my body, and I'm doing them much more confidently. Still finding it hugely exciting.

Front bounder or flyspring, whatever your flavor. Its the same move, just like a mill circle and stride circle and Flic flax and bhs. I haven't accomplished anything really this week but I have had fun, so that's an accomplishment. I did start working My bhs on the floor with the roll barrel again though. And that's it. Mustlve, sorry about You're being afraid of reinjuring g yourself! Take it slow like you have been, I blew out my knee on fhs. And it took me a LONG time to get Tue guts to even start throwing them into the resi pit again. But you will get there, you just Have to trust yourself and your.coach

Well, I fell off the high bar during bars last night and sprained my elbow. Luckily nothing worse. I made my squat-on but the set of bars I was using was further apart then my normal set so I really had to jump for the high bar and I didn't get a good enough grip. I didn't put my hands down, my arm was straight by my side, but it did get caught under my back and hyperextended a bit. At least I got out of conditioning. ;) PT says I should only be out a week or so which is great to hear. Other than that the night was uneventful except for the fact that we had 12 people show up.

Well I finally got my butt back in the gym after a few weeks of craziness with graduations and grandparents visiting...I feel so out of shape!! I did some heavily spotted back tucks on tramp and more front handsprings off the end of the tumble track. Also tried to revisit some bars skills I've had for a while and found that I could barely do anything because I was already so exhausted! I can't wait to get back into my normal exercise routine and be able to accomplish things again :p

I decided to do lots of bars tonight, so I ended up ripping both hands at the same time! This is my first rip on my left hand :] Haha but the good news is I apparently have really good timing in my flyaways!

I finally made it back after two weeks without, man I was going through withdrawals! So I worked BHS over the barrel some more, and started working on more drills for my kips as well. It's only Wednesday, and I'm already jonsing for it to be Monday!!

All I achieved yesterday was to stub my big toe really badly, so I couldn't go to gym, as I could hardly even walk. Dohhh!!!!

I connected my RO to my BHS on TT for the first time since we changed coaches (with a spot o. It wasn't as scary as I remember from last year. My first go at it I went way to soon though and my hands were a good 2 feet higher than the TT so we counted it as a layout. :p The next 2 attempts were much better but then my round-off got crooked. I'm pretty stoked to go back Monday and try some more.

I tested my elbow by doing a kip on bars before messing with putting on my grips. There was pain so I didn't continue with bars but I was pretty happy that I can still do a kip with my grips on. I don't know how some of yall do bars without grips. 1 kip and my hands were burning for 15 minutes.

haha Teena, I tried doing tap swings on pit bar the other night with no grips, man that was NOT easy! You don't realize how much you depend on the dowell after awhile! Then again, I havent worn grips for bars for a long time, because I haven't been working kips in a really long time, I think it's time to pull them out of the dust!

I made it back to the gym tonight, and my toe was okay. Practised a little bit of everything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back