WAG Acro/Tumbling+ gymnastics after high school

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

JustAGirlWhoLovesGym

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
I know that acro and tumbling is an NCAA sport option for gymnasts who wouldn't compete in NCAA gymnastics, but what level of gymnastics is usually recruited/needed to compete D1 acro/tumbling? What about d2 or d3?

Also, if you are in college and still wanted to compete gymnastics, would you have to go the NAIGC club route, or could you still compete with a USAG club? I've never heard of anyone competing USAG after high school, so I'm just curious if it's even an option.

I know 3 girls who are doing acro/tumbling as college freshman this year. One was a 2 year L10 scoring 9.2-9.5 on floor with about an average AA score of 33. She is on a D1 team. Another was a 4 year level 9 scoring high 8s/low 9s on floor and is on a D2 team. The other was a 3 year level 9 scoring low to mid 8s on floor and is on a D2 team.

There is no rule that you can't compete USAG after high school but it would be up to the individual gym. I know of a couple ladies that compete Xcel but they are out of college and working. I just don't think its the norm for a variety of reasons. I have heard that gyms need extra insurance for adult gymnasts but I do not know this for a fact.

One of my coaches was a level 8 gymnast and competition cheerleader (team was state champions) and will be a senior on a D2 A&T team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back